Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

What the heck?!?!?

Discussion in 'Cat Training and Behaviour' started by HollyM, Jun 27, 2010.

1. HollyM

HollyM PetForums VIP

Last night when i let my resident cat and my new kitten meet briefly, my resident made this strange, pig like snorting noise. What the heck is this? I can't find any info on the net re it so i'm stumped!! Please help as i want to know if this is good or bad.

2. mlynnc

mlynnc PetForums Senior

I doubt this is the case for you... Enzo snorts when he is content :lol:

But... he also snores and makes other random noises!

What was their body language like?

3. HollyM

HollyM PetForums VIP

Well they were sniffing at each other etc, but mostly their body language was a tad threatening, to say the least. I assume it was negative behaviour then? Any imput is much appreciated.

4. Simba9952

Simba9952 PetForums Member

Hi HollyM, my mum has Abbey who is 16yrs who has had to deal with the arrival of two kittens in the past year or so. Abbey has her routine and doesn't like to get involved with the new guys. Luckily because there's two of them they leave her alone.
    The only thing I can suggest is to keep your new kitten interested in you by playing games etc. Try to keep the attention on you or the games without forgetting your more senior VIP :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice