Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

What the heck is going on with zooplus?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by urbantigers, Apr 15, 2019 at 4:54 AM.

1. urbantigers

urbantigers PetForums VIP

Getting really fed up with zooplus. Is it me - because I'm using iPad maybe? - or are others having the same problem?

Loads of stuff out of stock - Cosma Snackies in particular - and when something is out of stock it just shows as a blank - ie some info eg weight and price but a blank where the description should be. Looks odd and not exactly user friendly. But that aside, the main problem I am having is that if I select an item then look at my shopping cart - it shows a different item! At least same item but different size or flavour. So I select chicken flavour snackies an my cart shows mixed variety. I select duck flavour and it shows tuna in my cart! Now it's happening with litter. I add 40 litres Oko which is showing as in stock but when I view my cart it lists 20 litre bag. I did contact zooplus about this a couple of weeks ago and they just said to phone them to place order. I don't want to phone them as it's not convenient since I need to place the order late or early and cna't phone them during the day. I also want to make sure I get points and loyalty discount. When I've had to phone the previously they've always been helpful but t don't really fancy doing my whole order over the phone as I recall a bit of a language barrier. Is this happening to anyone else?

I guess I can have a quick try when I get into work to see whether it's an iPad issue.

2. ChaosCat

ChaosCat PetForums VIP

No problems here with the iPad, but ordering from the German site.

3. Rufus15

Rufus15 ~ Orrono Maine Coons ~

No problems on phone, but it could be an issue with their app. Can you order via the website instead of the app?

4. urbantigers

Forgot to say - although I was using iPad I was on website and not ordering via app. I have sent them an email explaining what products I want so the right things had better turn up. I was impatient and submitted order as the boys got me up early so I wanted to get it sorted before going to work. I’ve just had a quick look on my pc at work and it seems ok. Too late to cancel order so don’t know what will turn up.

5. SbanR

SbanR PetForums VIP

I think its a problem with your iPad? Or perhaps the website.
    Never encountered a language problem whenever I did a phone order, though some operators were very abrupt!
    Recently started ordering via their app, on my phone. No problems.
    Placed an order last week, which included Cosma Winter snackies, all arrived as ordered

Let us know if your order arrives without mistake:p

Clairabella likes this.
  6. urbantigers

I’ve been emailing zooplus all morning and they have confirmed what items in order - the wrong ones. I have asked them to cancel if possible. I tried to do so early this morning but had already been sent to despatchers so couldn’t. Will have to wait and see. If they send it will have to return the maxi tub of snackies as Mosi will only eat certain flavours and it is mixed varieties tub (I selected chicken).

I’ve ordered on my iPad for years without problem (same iPad). I get the same problem on iPhone. An Apple problem ? My iPad is v old (ipad2) but phone is iphone8 with latest version of iOS. Odd that ok on work pc.

7. Orla

Orla PetForums Senior

Not had a problem ordering through my iPhone, and I’ve got an order coming today. Very strange. Some kind of software conflict perhaps?

8. urbantigers

It is odd. They have replied and cannot cancel. They say that quickest way to refund is to refuse parcel when delivered but don’t think that will work as usually leave with neighbours. I am also desperate for some items. Think I will have to accept it and the return the snackies. At least the small tubes I ordered in duck flavour will be chicken so will keep those.

If I can’t resolve this I think I’m done with zooplus. They have got worse and worse over the past few years. This may be last straw. Best thing about zooplus is the snackies - much loved by my boys and cheaper than thrive

9. Quartermass

Quartermass PetForums Senior

You could put a second order in and refuse the first? The issue there is if you're not in and it goes to a neighbour you're stuffed, but if you're careful enough with the shipment codes etc you can refuse the right one.

10. Calvine

Calvine PetForums VIP

How frustrating. No problems here at all, but not using iPad. In fact I was going to dig out an old thread about Zooplus/Yodel and say how great my latest Yodel delivery guy has turned out to be. He knows I want the stuff in the boot of my car (I take some to a friend) and pulls up right alongside my car . . . also their tracking is very accurate. I did actually stop using them for a couple of years as the whole thing was such a nightmare but now great.(Not that this is much consolation to you, @urbantigers. Hope it sorts itself out.)

11. NFC slave

NFC slave PetForums Senior

Yodel are driving me nuts at the moment, but that's not Zooplus's fault. Zooplus have messed up a couple of my orders recently but have been quick to refund for missing items. Didn't they used to have a depot in UK at one time?

12. urbantigers

Oh this is getting ridiculous.

I ordered 2 bags oko litter 2 20l bags), some felini, a maxi tub of snackies and some tubes of snackies. The maxi tube of snackies is the issue but I can cope with the rest so had decided to accept the order and then try to return the snackies. I’m desperately short of litter and felini.

Just received an email - your order has been cancelled because none of the items are available. Wtf?!

13. urbantigers

We’ve had a few crossed emails but I think it looks like they have managed to cancel my order. The last email was in German...... I guess the items unavailable email was just a standard email that they sent.

I have to take my work laptop home tonight as I’m working from home tomorrow so I think I’ll start again and have another go tonight.

14. urbantigers

Thankfully I've managed to place an order this evening. Nothing odd happening and able to order stuff showing as out of stock this morning. Granted things can come back in stock during the course of a day. I used the laptop and it was all very easy. Ordered the litter, the snackies, the taurine which was unavailable this morning and even some winter edition snackies which were also out of stock this morning. Nothing displaying as something different when view cart. I spent more than I did this morning! I got carried away with it all and also put in a Purrform order. So I've just spent £100 on them. I hope they appreciate it.

chillminx likes this.
  15. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

Hopefully all the items you ordered get delivered as they should be. :) I order online with ZP using my laptop and don't have any of the annoying problems you've encountered.

16. Amanda Sturdy

Amanda Sturdy PetForums Member

I order once a month at least on my laptop and phone and have never had any problems.The yodel guy is fantastic also.Sorry to hear of your experience maybe just a one off they do deal with lots of orders and obviously you have been unlucky

17. Willow_Warren

Willow_Warren PetForums Senior

I have found zooplus doesn’t like chrome, it’s ok until the final checkout when it crashes, and I have to redo it all on internet explorer! Or it’s just my computer...

18. Calvine

Calvine PetForums VIP

That was why I stopped using them . . . I (or sometimes my neighbours) used to find cans of Animonda Carny or Smilla littering the pavement; but the guy now is great. I believe Yodel drivers are pretty much self-employed, or so I was told. Some customers have been known to refer to them as ''No-del''.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice