Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

What should i feed my 6 month old puppy

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Presario05, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Presario05

Presario05 PetForums Newbie

Hi, i am struggling on feeding my 2 maltshi dogs. They came from the breeder eating canine puppy feed but would not eat for me. I tried various other biscuits from tge supermarket suitable for puppiez to no avail and then puppy wet food but i can only get them to eat tesco pate which im being told is no good. Advice welcome

2. BlueJay

BlueJay Pee on it and walk away

Pick a good you like the sound of (assuming it suits your dogs) and crack on with a bit of tough love.
    Chopping and changing so much in a short space of time can just make picky pics worse; they very well could just be holding out for something better to come along when they refuse their meals...
    Pop down their bowls (or however you choose to feed them; toys, dispensers etc) and leave them down for 15 minutes or so. If not eaten, take them up with nothing else until next meal time, then do the same.

Torin., Presario05 and tabelmabel like this.
  3. tabelmabel

tabelmabel PetForums VIP

Have a look at www.allaboutdogfood.co.uk

Maybe tesco pate will be reviewed on there and you can see how they rate it.

Pick a good food that you can afford. Dogs and puppies will eat as long as you aren't filling them up with other treats (and this is easy to do)

If your pup isn't eating, it will be losing weight so chat it over with your vet.

If your pup isn't eating his food and isn't losing weight - that gives a good clue that he is getting sufficient food elsewhere.

Either from treats, human food or another family member sneaking food.

Presario05 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice