Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

What should I do...?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by sequeena, Aug 14, 2009.

1. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

A few months ago I was completely attacked by a former member, some of you may remember what happened.

Well I've just signed up for another forum and I've accidentally comes across this person.

Part of me thinks "f*** it" but I know if this person notices me it's probably all going to kick off again.

Should I carry on and not care or should I leave to avoid confrontation?

Thanks guys :)

1 person likes this.
  2. Cassies-mum

Cassies-mum PetForums VIP

carry on with a diff name :D

3. Kinjilabs

Kinjilabs PetForums VIP

Just ignore the miserable ******** live and let live I say:D

4. Mese

Mese PetForums VIP

No idea what happened hun , but if she/he does kick off again, dont retaliate, just have a word with a MOD or the forum owner

why should you change your name (though im dubious that would work if they already know what your dogs look like)
    If they cant be mature enough to leave well alone and do start , then imo they should be at the very least warned by a forum staffer, or booted off the forum

5. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Bugger that I've never changed my name in the 4 years I've been on the net :001_tt2:

Thanks guys. It got a bit personal actually. I was in the process of leaving my job and asked people here for help. The member in question had apparently told my place of work what I was doing (complete lie but worrying nonetheless!).

Best part is the whole reason they flipped out is because I pointed out other people were allowed opinions...:eek:ut:

6. Acacia86

Acacia86 PetForums VIP

Carry on with your same name hun, why should this person stop you doing anything! You shouldn't have to change a thing. If she/he starts then just ignore!

P.S this is from me who knows nothing about the altercation you had :eek:

7. Baby Bordie

Baby Bordie PetForums VIP

Well i dont remember this incident but i think you should just carry on normally, if he/she has a problem with you, he/she will have to go throught all of us first! You are a very valid member of this forum, and we will stick up for you whatever happens! :D

8. JoWDC

JoWDC PetForums VIP

I don't see why you should leave a forum because of one t**t. Try & ignore them & lets hope you don't have the same problems on the other forum.

Just don't forget about us.

9. doobles

doobles PetForums Member

tell them to get a grip they are old enough to know better and not in a school playground words on a computer won't hurt you hun :)

10. paddyjulie

paddyjulie PetForums VIP

carry on with the forum...by leaving you are letting the bullies win....you are better than them..they will probably be already picking on someone else..

once a Bully always a Bully
    juliex

11. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

LOL you never fail to bring a smile to my face xx

You weren't here at the time it happened at the end of April/beginning of May :p I doubt she'll come back here to be honest she had a bit of a bashing (she peed a lot of people off).

I could never forget about this place it's my number one xx

Thankfully I don't think they've noticed me but it seems to be quite a small forum so it's only a matter of time.

Thanks! Tell me about it, I think that person was the Queen of bullies :rolleyes:

12. Baby Bordie

Well serves her right, thats what bullies get! If you do have any problem with her, just tell us all! :D

13. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

PMSL don't worry I'm big enough to take care of my own battles, it's just nice to hear what everyone thinks x

14. Baby Bordie

Haha, im sure you could take them all on! :rolleyes: :D

15. TabbyRoad

TabbyRoad Banned

I don't know the background of what happened but I'll be on my own again with my opinion I'm sure. I think the onus is on you to either walk away or ignore him/her.

The person you had the issues with seems to have been at the other board before you and unless they have been causing trouble there you don't really have any ground to stand on other than ignoring him/her.

If you don't think you can resist the tempatation to say something about your past then you need to leave. Imagine if a much loved and respected member of this board suddenly had a newbie come and say they attacked them at another board? It wouldn't go down too well.

If you do need to walk away at least you can do so with your head held high knowing you are the bigger person.

16. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Oh I don't intend to say anything at all. I know now to keep well away from any threads that member creates/posts on. I'm just worried this person will remember me and the whole fiasco will kick off again.

If needs be I will walk away from the forum, but I do not take any form of abuse lying down. I would say my piece without becoming aggressive and move on.

Shame really as this is only the internet.

Agility Springer likes this.
  17. TabbyRoad

TabbyRoad Banned

I'd rather poke my eye out with a rusty teaspoon than take any abuse lying down but as you said you wold only need to say your piece and be gone. Hopefully it won't come to that.

As for it only being the internet, it's easy to say that in theory but we can have our feelings hurt no matter where we are.

18. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

That's the thing. No matter how much we try to remind ourselves it's only the internet we don't always remember it and it only takes one idiot to tear down our self confidence :rolleyes:

I've only met such a person on here who did that to me once though, on the whole I think this forum is very friendly.

19. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

If I were you I would just act as if you had no idea that was the same person.
    It would be horrible being part of a public forum, and feel like you can't post replies because thit person has replied!
    Just act normal. If they kick off, likely they will be banned.

x

20. TabbyRoad

TabbyRoad Banned

Want me to start shouting abuse at you so you have an even number of abusers?:D I'm a bit Rain Man about things like that. I hate odd numbers.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice