Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

What shall i put in my explorer? toys for rats

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by Kazzii-Loves-Ratties, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Kazzii-Loves-Ratties

Kazzii-Loves-Ratties PetForums Member

Hi Lovelies,
    I have an explorer arriving tomorrow i cant wait yipee!!.
    I was wondering what toys or activities can i put in there to keep my rats happy and having fun. They obviously have houses/hide outs (rody igloos) and sputnik and the essentials. what are some toys your rats love?
    Thankyou and kindest regards Kayleigh x x

#1 Kazzii-Loves-Ratties, Apr 13, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2011
  2. Petitepuppet

Petitepuppet PetForums VIP

Here is a photo of the top of my explorer, will try and find a pic of the bottom for you too.

[​IMG]

3. Kazzii-Loves-Ratties

Kazzii-Loves-Ratties PetForums Member

Nice job hun,
    iv got a rody igloo and a sputnik, i think im going to add a digging box, some ropes. it would be great to see the bottom, thanks for your help :D

4. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

The stacking things that you can get from Wilkinsons for £2.50 (like little vegie racks) are great for climbing and sleeping in, I also use upside down childrens stools, I put a hole in each foot and fasten them onto the roof of the cage, then I also have flexi tubes fastened to the bars of the cage or the roof making little walkways or ladders, I also have a cat scratching post in each section fastened to the bars they love to run up those, I also have one of those wooden arches (the big rabbit size) that is really useful, you can make it into a den or a ladder if you fasten it on with cable ties or even a cage divider if you wedge it under the little levels, as well as the usual hammocks, igloos etc. I also give mine dog bones to chew on (the shop bought ones). Their favourite thing though is a box of cheap tissues, simply rip the lid off and let them pull the tissues all over the cage and use the box as a chew toy/bed.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#4 thedogsmother, Apr 13, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2011
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice