UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you worry about what people think of you?
What is it that worries you?
It's something that has never bothered me, so I would like some insight into peoples different feelings about it. :)

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
I have my times when I do worry about what people think of me.
And I think it has something to do with being bullied, I'm always worried people are gonna look at me and laugh... and in truth it has happened before. Also random people calling me fatty and such :(

However, I do also have my days where I don't have a care in the world.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Not something İ ever really bother about - İ am a very self contained person who does not really get lonely and can go weeks on end without seeing people and then often resent there inturuption in my life.

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
When I was younger I was worried what people thought of me. Now I've come to realise as long as I'm happy with myself and my morals, who gives a **** what anyone else thinks :p

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not something İ ever really bother about - İ am a very self contained person who does not really get lonely and can go weeks on end without seeing people and then often resent there inturuption in my life.
Snap :thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
8,177 Posts
It used to bother me when I was at school, badly bullied for no other reason than I talked with a funny accent.
Now I've grown up could'nt give a stuff mostly. Either you like me (great specially if I like you) or you dont (not going to lose sleep). Its all about being comfortable about who you are. and I am now. :)

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
I don't care what people think of me at all, its what i think about myself that matters. That makes me sound 'up myself' but life is too short to worry about other peoples opinions about you. I don't like my body but i couldn't care less if anyone else doesn't like it.

·
Registered
968 Posts
I used to really really worry about what people thought about me. This was down to being bullied at school because I used to be your classic "geek" lol. Did good at work, quiet, glasses, long brown hair, asthma (having to carry around my little inhaler haha) very skinny... Yeah i was your classic geeks haha :p so i was VERY self contious of myself.

Ever since I left school I've grown more and more confident about my self. Now I don't really take into consideration what people say or think of me lol :p I'm finnally content with myself lol :p .. nah thats a lie. I still have weight issues from being younger but even that has gotten better I dont feel I have to be stick thin to be liked lol :p My OH made me eat haha :p:p:p

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's something that has never bothered me, so I would like some insight into peoples different feelings about it. :)
Hello Rona. Not in the slightest. Mac

·
Banned
19,820 Posts
God yes I can be a total paranoid wreck sometimes!

I am not so bad as my mum.. who hates her neighbours because they are noisy and messy, but won't let me walk their dogs because of what people will think of her!
I'm not even sure what it is that makes me worry what people think, but I am quite shy, I don't make friends easily and hate confrontation. I also don't really like looking people in the eye (apart from close family).

x

·
Registered
5,043 Posts
HELL NO!

i care what my mates and family think of me as they're the ones that count. But neighbours, complete strangers and should i say most forum users?

face.. bovverd... am i....F***!

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
I do if there my parents or friends.... And sometimes you guys, because i dont want to look like a complete and utter tw*t on the forum, but on the streets i could really give two..... Never going to see them again!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yea before i was always thinking what people thought of me, everywhere i went everything i did. This was really not good for my confidence. i began to think, people dont care about what i do, they are 2 busy thinking about their own problems. from then on life has been great.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.