Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

What people think of you

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by rona, Jul 1, 2009.

1. rona

rona Guest

Do you worry about what people think of you?
    What is it that worries you?
    It's something that has never bothered me, so I would like some insight into peoples different feelings about it. :)

2. EmzieAngel

EmzieAngel PetForums VIP

I have my times when I do worry about what people think of me.
    And I think it has something to do with being bullied, I'm always worried people are gonna look at me and laugh... and in truth it has happened before. Also random people calling me fatty and such :(

However, I do also have my days where I don't have a care in the world.

3. turkeylad

turkeylad PetForums VIP

Not something İ ever really bother about - İ am a very self contained person who does not really get lonely and can go weeks on end without seeing people and then often resent there inturuption in my life.

4. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

When I was younger I was worried what people thought of me. Now I've come to realise as long as I'm happy with myself and my morals, who gives a **** what anyone else thinks :p

5. rona

rona Guest

Snap :thumbup::thumbup:

6. bird

bird PetForums VIP

It used to bother me when I was at school, badly bullied for no other reason than I talked with a funny accent.
    Now I've grown up could'nt give a stuff mostly. Either you like me (great specially if I like you) or you dont (not going to lose sleep). Its all about being comfortable about who you are. and I am now. :)

7. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

If you do your best to be the person you want to be it shouldn't matter what other people think of you. :)

8. CreativeLC

CreativeLC PetForums VIP

I don't care what people think of me at all, its what i think about myself that matters. That makes me sound 'up myself' but life is too short to worry about other peoples opinions about you. I don't like my body but i couldn't care less if anyone else doesn't like it.

sequeena likes this.
  9. shezzy

shezzy PetForums Senior

I used to really really worry about what people thought about me. This was down to being bullied at school because I used to be your classic "geek" lol. Did good at work, quiet, glasses, long brown hair, asthma (having to carry around my little inhaler haha) very skinny... Yeah i was your classic geeks haha :p so i was VERY self contious of myself.

Ever since I left school I've grown more and more confident about my self. Now I don't really take into consideration what people say or think of me lol :p I'm finnally content with myself lol :p .. nah thats a lie. I still have weight issues from being younger but even that has gotten better I dont feel I have to be stick thin to be liked lol :p My OH made me eat haha :p:p:p

10. Bethany

Bethany Guest

Hello Rona. Not in the slightest. Mac

11. rona

rona Guest

Hello Mac
    That seems to be the main answer, once people get through the school bullying stage :)

12. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

God yes I can be a total paranoid wreck sometimes!

I am not so bad as my mum.. who hates her neighbours because they are noisy and messy, but won't let me walk their dogs because of what people will think of her!
    I'm not even sure what it is that makes me worry what people think, but I am quite shy, I don't make friends easily and hate confrontation. I also don't really like looking people in the eye (apart from close family).

x

13. owieprone

owieprone PetForums VIP

HELL NO!

i care what my mates and family think of me as they're the ones that count. But neighbours, complete strangers and should i say most forum users?

face.. bovverd... am i....F***!

1 person likes this.
  14. Baby Bordie

Baby Bordie PetForums VIP

I do if there my parents or friends.... And sometimes you guys, because i dont want to look like a complete and utter tw*t on the forum, but on the streets i could really give two..... Never going to see them again!

15. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Language Timothy! :eek: :D

16. Baby Bordie

Haha, timothy? Whos that? :D

17. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Some random, whoever the phrase was based on lol :D

18. IrishKid

IrishKid PetForums Newbie

Yea before i was always thinking what people thought of me, everywhere i went everything i did. This was really not good for my confidence. i began to think, people dont care about what i do, they are 2 busy thinking about their own problems. from then on life has been great.

19. Baby Bordie

Oh lol, i thought you forgot my name! :(

20. rona

rona Guest

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice