Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

What or Who are your Dog(s) named after?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Sarahnorris, May 20, 2010.

1. Sarahnorris

Sarahnorris Banned

Diva is named after beyonce sota, because when she was a puppy she wouldn't walk anywhere! and we had to carry this big fluffy puppy around for a couple of weeks! she wouldn't eat her tea unless we hand fed her at the start too... so we always used to say she was a little diva and it stuck :)

and Akai is after the little 10 year old boy that won Just Dance, name stuck ever since i watched it and when the wee man came along it was perfect opportunity to use it! thankfully he suits it. :thumbup:
    either that or we call him Monster. :lol:

#1 Sarahnorris, May 20, 2010
    Last edited: May 20, 2010
  2. sketch

sketch PetForums VIP

Dalton is the lead character in the film "Road House", just loved the name.
    Kane i didnt name, but suits him.
    Liberty was born the 4th July independance day so wanted somethng a little american ha ha
    Rayden is named after the Japanese God of thunder, which suits him too, he goes around like a little Tornado, nuff said haha
    xx

3. francesandjon

francesandjon PetForums VIP

Koda had been named by the 3 yr old of the family we got him from - named after Koda, a bear cub, from the kids film 'Brother Bear'.

4. EmsBuddy

EmsBuddy PetForums Member

Buddy is named after Buddy the elf in ELF with Will Ferrell!

Love how Diva got her name!!

5. Sarahnorris

Sarahnorris Banned

would just like to say i LOVE that film, gets me sobbin' every time! EVERY time.

6. tafwoc

tafwoc PetForums VIP

Riley is named after my gran (it was her last name) the others were already named

7. SpringerHusky

SpringerHusky PetForums VIP

Maya-Eight below
    Rusty-because he's rusty coloured :lol:

8. crazybones

crazybones PetForums VIP

well Kya means diamond in the sky and she is ours lol

Loki is the god of mischief.... Whos is a sex changing bean so its our new girls name when we get her.....

Oh and how good was akai on that show

9. Sarahnorris

Sarahnorris Banned

so how long untill we get photos now? :lol:

i know!! every time he got thru i was like YUSS! and dancing around like a loony. twas quite impressed with him :lol: little cutie too :eek:

10. crazybones

crazybones PetForums VIP

we get her bank holiday weekend.

We are getting her fromm archielee she has pics up on the breeding bit and on her profile

11. HeyMeow

HeyMeow PetForums Junior

My dog Bandit is named after an American friend of mine's dog. After I decided to put my late dog to sleep because he was aggressive, in pains and not to be trusted; this guy was the only one who showed me some support. So I thought it would be a nice gesture to name my little terrier after his gorgeous Labrador.

12. Iwannadog

Iwannadog PetForums Junior

We are major LOST fans in this house, so we sort of decided Hurley was a good name for a dog. :thumbup:
    When we went to see puppies and chose one, we came away and kept refering to him as Hurley and he suits it as he was the biggest out of the litter :lol:
    His KC name is Hugo Hurley Reyes :arf:

Hopefully picking him up on Bank Hol Monday :D

13. BubsyBear

BubsyBear PetForums Member

We named Tribble after the little hairy creatures from the original Star Trek. When we went to see her at the rescue she was all shaggy and matted and just looked like a mess of fur! The staff there used to call her the Werewolf which is quite accurate :D
    I call her Tribs.

14. xshelly_stanliex

xshelly_stanliex PetForums VIP

Stanlie is named after my dad who i lost few years back, well it was my dads middle name as i didnt think keith suited him lol, but stanlie really does suit him, hes stan the man haha.

My boyfriend named diesel ashe is his dog, im not sure the reason for him being named that.

Zeus is after the greek god. xx

15. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

Buster came already named and I couldn't think of anything else to call him that suited him

16. sid&kira

sid&kira PetForums VIP

Kira - dunno why I called her that, but it suits her lol, had it picked out before we got her :eek:

Kanuk - its what my next pup will be called, my own variation of Nanuk as i think thats too common for a husky, and I wanted to stick with the K's :lol:

17. Sarahnorris

Sarahnorris Banned

very true, also common in akitas (friends got a boy called that)

soo.. puppy. :thumbup:
    whens it coming? is it born? is it close? can we see a photo?! how old is he? lol ;)
    :lol::lol:

18. sid&kira

sid&kira PetForums VIP

Lol :lol:

No he's not born, or close Im afraid, I have my breeders picked out, and have to go talk to them again before getting on the list (but as they're working kennels and Im looking for workin quality I should be fairly high up, dont think its MEGA long anyway lol)

We're still house sharing atm, as im still in college, but 5 more weeks and im officially free!!! :thumbup: then its into full time work, pay off some of out debts :eek: get our deposit saved and get out into our own place

THEN... we will be ready for him :thumbup:

Would love to say we're ready now, but that'd be stupid, and unfair on our current animals as well as Kanuk (having to make our little money stretch even further)

19. Bexy

Bexy PetForums Senior

Double post

#19 Bexy, May 20, 2010
    Last edited: May 20, 2010
  20. Bexy

Bexy PetForums Senior

Trigger, got the name from Only Fools & Horses and it was the only name we both liked:)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice