Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

what on earth is up with Da Bird?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by inkymoggy, Oct 15, 2013.

1. inkymoggy

inkymoggy PetForums Member

I've never seen a cat so obsessed with a toy, after a solid hour and a half of chasing it I finally un-clipped it and let him have the attachment as a 'prize' along with a little bit of liver, and he's still flinging it about the room, running around the house triumphantly growling and generally looking as if he's a panther with a rabbit in his mouth! Waiting for the inevitable sleepy kitty.. not sure its coming...

2. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

Mine love da Bird :thumbsup: They also like Flying Frenzy which is similar but made in the UK with some really great attachments :cool:

3. inkymoggy

I may have to order the Frenzy as well! I already need a new attachment, he's chewed a feather in half and just dumped it in his water bowl... Have never had a reaction like this from a cat over a non-food item!

4. chinafish

chinafish PetForums Junior

I just got a similar feather dangler toy from zooplus for my April and June.

Too my surprise the more reserved June, the less inquisitive one, went BONKERS for it. Got it under her paw in 2 seconds flat, then death grip with her jaws, and for the first time ever hissed and growled at me :eek:

April on the other hand, the one that always chases after everything, looks on, tries batting it but doesn't manage to catch it.

And seems to look on at June thinking ," OK calm down.... Who is this crazy cat and what have you done with my sister!"

It seems to have brought out June's inner tiger. Now when June walks about I think she has a different confidence about her.

What have I done by buying this thing???!!!

5. korrok

korrok PetForums Senior

My cats love it! Shanti turns into a little leaping lioness - she's great at catching it and does spectacular jumps in the air to grab it. Teemo was terrified of it at first - I think it was the rod, as his previous owner did some mean things to him with one :mad: - but with some gentle coaxing and watching Shanti play with it enough, he's joined in the fun too. They do go absolutely ape over it, and as soon as I take it from the top of the unit they run to me meowing. :D

As for letting them take it as a "prize", I don't detach it and let them have it since they would rip it to bits I dare say, but they try to carry it off to their cat tree and I just follow them so they get the feeling they've carried off their kill. And at that point, they drop it...and the previously dead bird scoots off again, and they barrel after it! Best part of the game. :p

I swear they would have me play with Da Bird for hours with them. :001_rolleyes:

6. Amin

Amin PetForums VIP

Our coonies had it in shreds in seconds. Poor bertie never got a look in :D

7. inkymoggy

definitely inner tiger material!

I've confiscated it now and he's finally decided to sleep... on my chest in the way of th ekeyboard!

thankfully he's not quite as large or as strong as a coonie yet, but i can see it happening soon!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice