Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

What nickname have you given your kitten/cat

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by H.M, Feb 20, 2021.

1. H.M

H.M PetForums Junior

Im bored so amuse me please with nicknames you have given your little kitten or cat. I'll go first...

Danbi has two nicknames. One is little devil because he likes to annoy Oreo with play when Oreo is not in the mood. The other is meatball because he has a big tummy and my parents think he can't jump very high but thats only when he's lazy and he jumps very well when he's full of energy.

Oreo's nickname is munchkin because he is so cute, well behaved and his eyes are so round.

Kisu's nickname is basically her name just pronounced in a different way. Her name is pronounced as 'keesu' and the nickname is pronounced as 'kaisu'

Danbi and oreo's new rooms hehe
    20210214_113722.jpg

Kisu and oreo sleeping on the same bed!!! Shocker! Kisu hates oreo and sometimes hisses when she sees him but she can comfortably sleep in the same room or possibly a bed. When she woke up she saw him but she was so calm and just groomed herself. You never know. One day she might accept him :)
    20210219_135150.jpg

Cully, Willsee, white_shadow and 2 others like this.
  2. Emmasian

Emmasian Mother of Pumpkins

Millions of them but probably the main ones are as follows :

Teddy: Tiddly Teddily, Tidted, Tedsicles (sorry), Tedsy.
    Rafa: Rafsi, Rafsiwoo, Lord Rafsi of Woo.
    Freya: Freyfrey, Princess Freya

They are all universally called Monkey Bottom, Darling, Baby Lamb, Mummy's Little Chicken, Angel etc unto nauseating etc.

Cully, Willsee, Jenbob21 and 3 others like this.
  3. Emmasian

Emmasian Mother of Pumpkins

Oh and obviously the whole "pumpkin" ouvre (so obvious I forgot!!).

Teddypumpkin, Pumpkinfrey and Pumpkinraf. Hence the Pumpkin Pussycat Posse and the Mother of Pumpkins.

Cully, Willsee, tabelmabel and 2 others like this.
  4. lorilu

lorilu PetForums VIP

Our cats in my childhood had numerous names, each.

My first cat when I was an adult, Baby, rescued from someone who was about to abandon him at 6 months old, and my second cat, rescued at 6 years old (they had a baby so wanted to dump the cat), when Baby was 3, oddly enough never had nicknames. Baby's original name was "Slice" and Sissy was named by her first family as "Slick". Both horrible names in my opinion lol. Both Angels now of course, within 2 weeks of each other (week before Christmas, 1997 then January 2, 1998 )

The other Angels first:

Squeaky (died young) was Squeaky or Squeak

Ootay's full name was Ootay Princess, no other nickname.

Bibbs had no other name except Bibbsy.

Tolly was also known as Sweet Pea, or Tolly Sweet Pea or Tolly Tolly Sweet Pea

Jennie was also known as Jennie-Jennie, no other name.

Remaining cats

Mazy cat, (now almost 17) originally told me her name was Mazy when we met at the shelter, where she was 7 or 8 months old, she added the cat part later. (she was called Trinity by the shelter) She is also called Lovey or Lovey cat. She likes it when she's snug on my chest for me to whisper to her "LUUHHHHHVVVVVEEEEE" in the most loving voice I can muster. Answers to both.

Queen Eva (now almost 11), like Mazy cat, originally told me her name was Eva when I met her in her horrible situation and she begged me to take her out of there (she was only a tiny baby then, but she let me know what she wanted), but in the car on the drive home from that horrible place 4 weeks later (it took me that long to get her out, it was agony) she announced her name is Queen Eva, not plain Eva. She has many nick names. Baby is the most common, with Bebe ( pronounced beebee) and Bebé (pronounced baybay), and Honey Little Pie. Will come if I call any of them. She likes Bebé best I think, aside from her real name, though I don't use it as often as Baby, but she seems to really love being called Honey Little Pie during her grooming sessions.

Their nicknames (if they have them) often end up incorporated into their personal songs too, except Queen Eva's. Probably because she has too many to add to a short song. lol

Cully, Willsee, tabelmabel and 2 others like this.
  5. Kirstd78

Kirstd78 PetForums Junior

Milo has the nickname FOMO (fear of missing out) as he has to be everywhere there is something going on!

Minnie has the nickname Manky or Minky as she was in a bad way when we adopted her before Xmas. They were were both rescued from a farm that become overrun with cats. 8 weeks on now she's filling out, her coat is starting to shine but she just can't shake off Minky or manky nicknames!

Cully, Willsee, tabelmabel and 3 others like this.
  6. lorilu

lorilu PetForums VIP

Do you know I just realized that Mazy cat is sometimes known as The Amazing Mazy. It's not something I habitually call her but she's been called that by people in forums who have known her all her life. :)

tabelmabel and H.M like this.
  7. Summercat

Summercat PetForums VIP

Biggles nicknames are usually Biggs, Bigsy, Biggy Boy or Biggy Boo:Shy

Jack is Jack Jack, Jack's and Jackson.

8. Rlouise

Rlouise PetForums Member

A kitten named marshmallow was nicknamed marshling, marshman and marshyboy. His new owner named him marshipan

Mowgli is sometimes called mr fluffington

Nala is nicknamed fart-a-lot

They are all nicknamed 'stupid cat'

9. tabelmabel

tabelmabel PetForums VIP

Beryl Burlington is affectionately known as Bez, Bezzy, Bezza, Murderclaw, Burley, The Burla, Burly whirl. The Burlington..

I think those are the main ones

Cully, Willsee, lorilu and 3 others like this.
  10. NaomiM

NaomiM Love my furry, feathered and finned family

Pebbles is Pebs, Pebbi-pebs, Pebbles the Rebel, Pebs the Reb and Pest Cat!

11. Psygon

Psygon Yoshi Tonks! :-)

Some of my nicknames are so not nicknames given they are far longer than the original names. But anyway, here they are:

Edward
    Rarely gets called by his actual name and is called Ted, Ted Fish, Tedward, Teddy, SchweddyTeddy, and more often than not Big Ted.

Darcy
    Gets called Dee, Tiddly Dee, Dee to the P, Darcy P and Darcy Pants.

Clark
    Another cat that never gets called by their real name. Gets called CK most of the time and Little Man.

Jammy
    Jammy gets called Jamster, Jammy J, Hammy, Jim Jams, Jim Jam Jammy Jams and Jimmy

Waffles
    She gets called Wiff Waff Waffly Waff, Wafflies, Waff Waff, Hangry,

Cully, H.M, tabelmabel and 2 others like this.
  12. ewelsh

ewelsh PetForums VIP

Libby - Tinky Winkie, Tinks, Mummy’s baby.
    Lottie - Snotty, little thug, Tippy toes

:D

Cully, H.M, tabelmabel and 1 other person like this.
  13. Willsee

Willsee PetForums Member

My old lilac point Oliver was called Ollie then Ollie the boy (everyone thought he was a girl due to his colouring), then Olbol then finally Bol. He was also called Poppet, Poppety Noppety and the just Noppy or Nopsey. Thankfully he answered to everything over the 18 years we had him :)

My old chocolate Tonk was Bella but became Smell Bell and Smells very early on in life due to her wind as a kitten :rolleyes:

Willow is Willsee, Willsetter, Willard or just plan Little Miss Willsee

Charlie is Charlie Boy or Charles when naughty but the odd Popsey is starting to creep in :p

Summercat, H.M, lorilu and 1 other person like this.
  14. HazzaGrazza

HazzaGrazza PetForums Junior

Her names Nola. I mainly call her Nola pie or donut.

H.M and Willsee like this.
  15. Ali71

Ali71 PetForums VIP

Milo is Mr Mooloo, Slow-Mo, Doodle-pips, Doodles or Pipsy;
    Suki is Noo-noo, Nukes, Suki-dukes

Universally they are Bubs, Treasure and Poppet

Cully and H.M like this.
  16. tabelmabel

tabelmabel PetForums VIP

I forgot two of Beryl's other nicknames - Beryllium and Number 4 element. She gets those quite often too:D

Ali71, H.M and NaomiM like this.
  17. Tigermoon

Tigermoon PetForums VIP

It makes me laugh who quiet often we use nicknames that are longer than their normal name :Hilarious

Cully and tabelmabel like this.
  18. tabelmabel

tabelmabel PetForums VIP

It is funny, that and not something i do with people or dogs where i shorten names.

I think it is because cats are so sophisticated. When beryl is sitting looking quite snooty, it seems natural to say "and how are you today,Beryllium? How is the number 4 element?!"

Im sure she understands it all;)

Summercat, Emmasian and ewelsh like this.
  19. DolomiTTe

DolomiTTe Kitty Collector

I call Cloud ..... Chicken, Chicken Pie, Chickpea and Monster Munchkin - she doesn't respond to any name in reality, as she's totally deaf!!!

Basil is also known as ... Basil Brush (if he's being naughty), Basil Brush with a ginger mush and ginger winger (as he never shuts up).

Paddy is also known as Paddywack and Baddy Paddy (when he's being naughty).

Cully and ewelsh like this.
  20. ewelsh

ewelsh PetForums VIP

That’s very true @tabelmabel I don’t have nicknames for the dogs really apart from “ohhhh you little s**” :D and our English SpringerSpaniel is known as The Sofa Spaniel :Smuggrin

Cully and Thea_SRA27 like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice