Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

What makes your dog so special to you?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by ColliePower, Jul 21, 2009.

1. ColliePower

ColliePower PetForums Senior

So, what is it?

We all have beautiful dogs and we know that, but some of us have the same breed, so, come on what makes your dog(s) so much more special then any other?

2. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

They're my dogs :D

3. goodvic2

goodvic2 PetForums VIP

Max and Lilly because they have had such a rough deal until they came to us. Never knew any kindness or love and I try to make sure they experience this everyday, all day.

Sammy because he is a bundle of love. When I was looking for a new dog, somebody was advertising him. i went to see him and although he wasn't what I wanted, I knew if I let him go to rescue, he would never get a home, due to the fact he does resemble a pit bull/staff.

My dogs are special because they give me un-conditional love and everyday I marvel at the progress they have made.

x

4. staflove

staflove PetForums VIP

My dogs are special, but everyone else dogs are special i love dogs infact i love animals, all animals are special and have there own personality thats why there all so diffrent if you get what i mean :D

5. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

I suppose I should expand on my answer lol

Sky is my fluffy bear. She never leaves my side and is so good for a pup it's unbelievable.

Candy is more the OHs than mine but she's a cheeky little monkey :D

6. JSR

JSR PetForums VIP

Oh gosh hard to answer. Cromwell is my number 1, he's been with me for 14 years and we've been through alot together. He's special because he taught me all about rescue dogs and what they can give into your life.

Tiz is special because she's such a contridiction and so hard to understand, again she's taught me a massive amount! She was the dog that made me realise Cromwell could enjoy the company of other dogs and for that I'll always love her. (Even though she drives me to distraction alot of the time!!)

Sidney is special because he is my baby, he's the only one I've had since a puppy and we have a very strong bond, he's my soul dog and there is nothing about him that I don't adore.

Cooper is special because he's SuperDuperCooper, that dog has had the most horrific things done to him by man but he still has the capacity to love. He greets everyone with a huge staffie smile and his only wish in life is to have cuddles and tummy rubs. He's a very special soul.

Sumo is special cos he helped me heal when I was grieving. I lost my grandmother and my ancient cat in the space of 4 weeks and Sumo came at a time when I needed a lost soul to make me stop wallowing.

7. Rachh

Rachh PetForums Senior

My dogs special to me because of how i got him :)
    we rescued him from a farmer who was beating him because he didnt want him.
    he was only 8 weeks old at the time.

8. goodvic2

goodvic2 PetForums VIP

Brought a tear to my eye! :sad:

9. ellie8024

ellie8024 PetForums VIP

i am not a dog owner any more :( but my Samson was my baby (a GSD Collie cross) he was a big fluffy bear with floppy ears and it was love at 1st sight also he was the 1st dog me and my mum ever agreed on so she bought me him from the RSPCA

I also look after a 12 year old collie dog and i love him as much as i loved my big boy, seb has been in the family since he was little, he can be quite funny with people he doesnt know and cant jump coz he has bad hind legs but my kids and i get our hands licked and he does a funny bounce when we go to collect him (he is sitting with me now snoring )

10. jenniferx

jenniferx PetForums VIP

Sheba was my "special" dog. Love of my life type thing. Regardless of what happens I don't think I'll ever experience a relationship with any animal like I did with her, ever again. I love all of my dogs but with her- she was a 'once in a lifetime' sort of pooch. Towards the end of her life, I knew her so well and it was like we could 'talk' without ever using words- obviously. That sounds so cheesy but it was true. She trusted me completely and likewise, which is amazing seeing the cruelty she had suffered in her life before we took her in.

She taught me what it is to be truly selfless.

11. aurora

aurora PetForums Senior

Over the years we have had a few different dogs and has they have gotten old and passed away we often remember them and there special ways as they were all different, and unique in themselves and all very much loved.

My 2 border terrier girls are my best girls, poppy the older one will always be my number one girl as she is the first border terrier i have had, and has made me realise that it is the breed for me :) she's a wonderful girl

Meg who is the baby border at 14 months is still very much a mummy's girl and she is so adorable and cute.

Make's me smile everytime i think about the girls, they give so much love to you it makes a world of difference to a persons life having a pet, they cuddle up on the sofa with you if your sad or lonely and make you smile when they do some thing daft. Everyone should have a pet of some sort in there lives.

12. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

zeb just because hes zeb, hes funny, soppy, clever hes all the things we have ever wanted in a dog!

Hes wonderful the kids and hasnt ever even looked at the the wrong way even if they have acciedently hurt him

He brilliant with other dogs and off lead (has a slight problem with staffs but we are working on it) hes just fab :)

13. HammyHamster

HammyHamster PetForums Newbie

Aww what a lovely post, you sound like you have some extra special dogs.

14. bird

bird PetForums VIP

Because he's a bundle of joy and naughtiness and my home would just feel like a house without him :D

15. RowanWolf

RowanWolf PetForums Member

We have had quite a few dogs over the years, mostly collies and GSDs and crosses.
    we had two called Jed, both collies, at different times. They were so great with us as kids, letting us dress them up and play with them :)
    We have had a few nutters too lol Kim who you used to chew through the wall! No matter what we did.
    My first puppy all of my own, Patch the collie who was lovely but ended up as a farm dog, he certainly was not suited to life as a regular pet bless him.

Major my first rescue GSD was a great dog. Although he had a rough start and didn't really like most men and was agressive towards any other animal..he even hated the blackbirds on his territory lol but he was a gentle giant in the house.

And my last dog, Duke who I found as a stray and took in. Such a well behaved gentle dog..so sad that he was left to roam andn ot looked after.
    He was a big cuddly fluffball who really cheered me up on bad days.
    I only have pictures of Duke on my PC at the moment.
    Here he is, we lost him to a brain tumour and degenerative spine disease.
    He was a soft one, every time the camera came out he looked soppy.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v365/Shewolf_xx/My%20life/Duke1.jpg

16. kellybaker

kellybaker PetForums Senior

Orla is just a bundle of love. She has to be with me all the time which I love (many people think this is annoying but not me :D). I love the noises she comes out with all those little snorts and snuffles lol and love to snuggle right up close to her which she loves to do as much as me. The way she will sit and look at me is amazing and just makes your heart melt. Orla is my first dog and I know for sure that she is the one for me and I could never imagine life without her. As I write this she is laying next to me dreaming and looks so god damn cute.

17. JSR

JSR PetForums VIP

Aww thank you. I know everyone's dog are special but I do feel extra lucky to have been choosen to spend my life with my mix matched rabble. :D

18. stellasmama

stellasmama PetForums Member

we had to put our Sadie down back in April. After 13 wonderful years....my heart was broken into a zillion pieces. Sooner than I thought I would ever be ready....we adopted a rescue dog and named her Stella.

She is fixing my broken heart! Her sweet face and disposition....her wagging tail and love of snuggling. I'll always miss Sadie....she was my first dog as an adult...my very own.

We rescued Stella and she rescued me right back.

I love her to pieces!!!

19. Acacia86

Acacia86 PetForums VIP

My Springer had a very rough start in life. I rescued him in December 08 and i was his 4th home :( He was bought in Wales as an 8 week pup, the couple lived here and when they broke up and moved back to the UK, they just left him with the man's cousin who hated dogs and he was left outside with no shelter, no love :mad: then he went to a couple who worked all day and went out in the nights, so they finally did the right thing and gave him up. If i hadn't of taken him as my own he would have been in a shelter and with his problems would have had to wait ages :( thats all i know.

He still has many issues but i am trying hard to overcome them. He didn't know any commands he now knows a few! Which is impressive because he is very hard to teach due to his problems.

He has taught me that rescue dogs are in need of forever homes with guidence, paitence and a whole lot of love! I would reccomend rescued a dog if it is possible, they are so thankful for what you given them and make very loyal pets. I am so in love with my boy and i am hoping it will be soon that he realises i won't leave him. He has to put with me for life :D

All of that and he is still such a happy dog, never lived with cats (or any animals) never with children and he adapted to my pets and (then) 2 1/2 year old daughter so well. That is why he is so so special.

I am such a proud owner :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice