Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

What Kitten food is best. Is Whiskas OK??

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by kezzy, Jul 28, 2009.

1. kezzy

kezzy PetForums Junior

Hi I've had my kitten for a few weeks now she is 9 weeks old. I currently feed her either felix pounches in jelly or Whiskas pouches in gravy. I think she prefers the Whiskas. Is it ok to carry on feeding her whiskas i've read such bad things about Whiskas and Felix I dont know what to think anymore. What do you feed your kittens that isnt too expensive?? IIm not too sur eon dry food either as she dont seem too keen. Thanks

2. purrlover

purrlover PetForums Senior

hi ya and welcome to the wonderful world of cat food!! my its like a mine field isnt it ? my moggie stella will only eat whiskas complete biscuits plus felix wet food (in trays) i DO NOT wont to feed her this , but she wont at present eat anything else ! shes so fussy :rolleyes:
    we are having a couple of new kittens soon and ive priced up some decent quality food from pets athome thatsnot to expensive , butasthe better meat content ..think i was told on here at least 50 min meat content is considered ok ,theres a couple at pets at home , naturesdiet (i think) plus there own brand purely ..they work out no dearer than the whiskas or felix brand ..hope this helps
    julie xx

3. kezzy

kezzy PetForums Junior

Hi Im off to Pets at home tonight so I will see what I can get, hopefully she will be easily swayed to try new food. thanks for the reply!

4. Milly22

Milly22 PetForums VIP

Remember to introduce the higher meat content gradually over 4-5 days to avoid tummy upsets.

purrlover likes this.
  5. purrlover

purrlover PetForums Senior

oh yes good point i forgot that bit :eek:

6. kezzy

kezzy PetForums Junior

Thank you I didnt realise this.

7. Miss.PuddyCat

Miss.PuddyCat PetForums VIP

I'm feeding tidbit and my other older cats on something called lick your chops it doesnt have an meat by products or all the unwanted guk. So far they seem to like it.

8. Lulu's owner

Lulu's owner PetForums VIP

I don't know about kitten food specifically but I've just discovered Butchers Classic via this website and it seems better quality than most at quite a low cost. It doesn't contain cereal and other fillers, or artificial colour, flavour or preservative (colour listed on tin is caramel, natural, I asked the company). You don't see it in all the supermarkets but it's reasonably easy to get hold of (I buy it in Wilkinsons). My cats seem to prefer the fish variety. Don't be put off by the loud, yucky orange plastic wrapper.

9. sarahcunny

sarahcunny PetForums Newbie

Hello everyone. it's been a while since i've been on. After losing my beloved Ronnie last August i finally decided to take the plunge and get some new kits. we've had them since the end of May and they will be 4 months old at the beginning of August. it's been so long since we've had kittens that i just wanted to check at what age we can start giving them treats such as real fish, prawns, tuna etc?

hope you like the pics. little splodgey boy is Sid and pretty petite little tabby is Nancy! :D

Attached Files:

10. sarahcunny

sarahcunny PetForums Newbie

bump bump bump :D

11. Milly22

Milly22 PetForums VIP

They are adorable

It may be better if you start a new thread by hitting the "thread" button them more people can see them. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice