UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
id like to run a small animal boarding in the shed, im thinking of doubling up the pens so there is another pen above and also have spare hutches that are not being used which are the 6ft long ones.
i dont want a business as such just a small hobby kinda thing but im guessing i would need insurance to do this?

anyone know anything about this that could point me in the right direction? i feel this is something i could offer as i spend so much time out in carrot cottage daily.

my animals are cleaned fed and watered daily so i know i could handle it. i would also be able to offer giant boarding due to the size of the pens.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Sorry cant help you at all but just wanted to say what a great idea!! I would be very happy to leave Stan with you, just a shame you arent a bit closer to me! But even though i have paid my boarding fees for when i go away this year i would still rather board him with you, cant you move just a bit closer to me? lol :D

I think you would be a great success at this! :D

·
Registered
4,921 Posts
id like to run a small animal boarding in the shed, im thinking of doubling up the pens so there is another pen above and also have spare hutches that are not being used which are the 6ft long ones.
i dont want a business as such just a small hobby kinda thing but im guessing i would need insurance to do this?

anyone know anything about this that could point me in the right direction? i feel this is something i could offer as i spend so much time out in carrot cottage daily.

my animals are cleaned fed and watered daily so i know i could handle it. i would also be able to offer giant boarding due to the size of the pens.
It may be worth you getting in touch with NARP's National Association of Registered Petsitters.

They carry insurance for all of their members and would mean that you also have registration.

We used to be NARP members, but their insurance was not comprehensive enough for our business, since it does not cover pet sitting overseas, or the caring of livestock. Hope that helps :)

·
Registered
732 Posts
One thing when considering doing this is isolation for any new rabbits coming in is so important.
It would not be sensible to keep the boarding animals with yours as you have no way of knowing if they are carrying any nasties which could pass to yours.
Therefore you would need a completely seperate area for any boarders and bare in mind many diseases are airborn.

Insurance for this type of buisness is pretty high as you will need public liability,care,custody and control at least.
This is a good website to help you.

Pet Business Insurance - Pet Boarding, Sitting and Minding Insurance. Public Liability, Professional Indemnity, Liability to Animals, Employers Liability

·
Registered
5,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks all
its not something im thinking of right now but certainly will be looking into in future.

good point toddy i sure will consider that point!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.