Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

What kind of area do you have...

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by PoisonGirl, Jul 31, 2009.

1. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Near you for walking your dogs??

Before we moved, the only place we had was a rather cr@ppy field/park that was not secure, or a field by the river to walk the dogs off lead. The roads were always busy so most of the time the dogs were on short leads.

Here I love it because it is soo quiet. If I go right out my front door, 30 or so paces away is the river with a big patch of grass, there is no through road, and it is rarely used.

If I go left, at the crossroads up the hill to the forest, a very quiet single track road with plenty of fields we can use if the gate is open. The forest is secure and quite big, with loads of routs through it.

At the crossroads if you go straight on out past the horses and the school again there is a very quiet single track road with plenty of fields off. But- if you keep walking for an hour or so, the road turns into a path and goes through a forest which runs along the coast and brings you back to the other forest :D

I thought I would hate living somewhere so quiet. But I love it. I can take the dogs out at 6 am and no one is even out and about yet! You can hear traffic coming a mile off in fact at one end of the village, you can hear a car start at the other end. Lol

There is even a large unused field we can let the dogs off in to play fetch :)

I had kinda been wanting to move into town. But I love the walking opportunities here, and how quiet it is. It reminds me of where I grew up- in the middle of a field near the sea. Lol!

What places do you have next to you for walking?

x

2. Patterdale_lover

Patterdale_lover PetForums VIP

We are in the countryside, so we could walk for about 15 miles or so, through lanes and villages and fields and forests, but i just use the surrounding area
    about 5 miles of pure fields trails and river :D
    It's awesome, lovely and quiet, the dogs can be off lead nearly all the time, and its just getting in touch with nature. Lots of wild life and other dogs and people to meet :D

3. marion..d

marion..d PetForums VIP

within a minute i am on open fields, or onto farmers fields. by car i am 5 minutes from the beach, or another direction i am at riverside. if i go a different way i walk through a dene with a stream running through, can walk next to a haunted castle. got loads of parks too. i have loads of different walks/smells for millie..

marion

4. Nicky09

Nicky09 PetForums VIP

A beach that allows offlead dogs, fantastic parks near by and a lot of countryside not a 15 minute drive away.

5. Buggles

Buggles PetForums Senior

Lots of countryside here and the river

6. dobermummy

dobermummy Banned

I am lucky really coz there are loads of nice places to walk the dogs here. just behind my house is big fields and woods that are really quiet, sometimes meet a dog or two but they tend to be the same people so all the dogs play together,

A few minutes walk and there is another wooded area but that is more popular, and not far in the car is Clumber park, sherwood forest and some other places I cant remember the names of :eek:

And my and my oh's family live on the coast so get pleant of walks on the marshes and beach. :D

7. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Guest

We are two mintues walk away from lots of feilds all leading on to each other!

8. Jazzy

Jazzy PetForums VIP

We are lucky cos we are surrounded with fields with no livestock in most of them and it's ideal for dog walks and just seconds away from my door.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

#8 Jazzy, Jul 31, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2009
  9. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Jazzy that looks amazing I'm coming to live there :D

x

10. Jazzy

Jazzy PetForums VIP

Yes I've lived here since I was born and never really appreciated it when I was younger but I do like it here now - it's very hilly though.:laugh:

11. My-Terriers

My-Terriers PetForums Member

I'm really lucky living on the Wirral! We have masses of country parks, all really dog safe! Masses of woodlands, and being a peninsula we have lots of very close beaches! Where I keep my horses there is hundreds of acres too I get to walk across - all safely fenced and away from roads, and half of them never have horses on either! My boys dont realise how lucky they are!

12. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

I have the beach right in front of me. Behind me I have a field and if I wish to walk them a bit further I have the mountains :) I forgot we also have Gnoll Park and Margam Park :D

#12 sequeena, Jul 31, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2009
  13. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

I life right on the edge of a suburban area. I get the best of both worlds, 2 minute walk to the corner shop, 10 minutes by car to town, 25 minutes to the nearest city.
    However right next to my house is a lovely big green great for dogs and kids, the roads are really quiet, 10 minute walk and I'm at a dog friendly beach, another 10 minutes and I'm at a nature reserve, go on a little further and it's open countryside then into the woods.

14. borderer

borderer Guest

bodies walk:D:D

15. davehyde

davehyde Banned

whereabouts is that jazzy? we go up to rivington quite a bit nr bolton and daisy nook.
    also etherow park and werneth low, cheetham park and the walk from neeton to stalybridge and all the fields in the world at the top of our road, it's a long road tho lol.

16. paddyjulie

paddyjulie PetForums VIP

We have the local fells, great cycle track network which part of the C2C,the beach is about 5 miles away, fields, public footpaths and lonnings

Juliex

17. Vicki

Vicki PetForums VIP

I live in an area where there are a lot of fields where my dog can play and where I can train him in obedience (since we compete in obedience we need to practice a lot). And it's about a ten minute walk to the river where he can swim. You can walk along the river for at least 10 kilometers. And it's about a twenty minute walk to the woods, where you could walk as far as you like.

18. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

we have a gorgeous place has a small field, some miniture train tracks to walk around, woods and a stream its lush!

i have two sets of fields one 2mins down the road and one 10mins but we have doggy friends down our nearest one

19. Spaniel mad

Spaniel mad PetForums VIP

We have meadows at the bottom of the hill. And we have a huge park about 15 mins walk away.

we like to drive to different places with the dogs and explore aswell

Dinton pastures is a great place

20. goodvic2

goodvic2 PetForums VIP

There are lots of nice walks, but living in Surrey means that it is never just me and the dogs. And as I can't have my guys all off the lead at the same time, it does make it somewhat difficult x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice