Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

What keeps your dog amused??

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Jackie99, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Jackie99

Jackie99 PetForums VIP

After you have returned from a walk what keeps your dog occupied/amused?
    Are they happy enough to just sleep/laze about for a few hours? Or maybe they will settle down with a chew or a particular toy? If so what?? My dog rarely gets in the mood for a chew and it is usually in the evening. The only thing that keeps him occupied is wanting walks! and balls which he destroys in usually under 5 minutes if you are lucky, so am currently looking for a good solid ball that still has plenty of bounce so he can chase and will keep him on his toes!! He is a strange one!!

2. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Mine have just got back from a long walk and are all asleep! TBH sleeping is their default setting...
    :D

3. Eroswoof

Eroswoof Guest

:rolleyes:: :rolleyes:: He hasn't sat and lazed in 2 years :lol: He's happy just to run up and down with his toys or play with the cats and such :D

Is there a really strong type of kong that you can get :confused: I'm sure someone else said about the strong ones

Em
    xx

4. Pets2luv.webs.com

Pets2luv.webs.com PetForums VIP

My three are so lazy. As soon as we get back they make themselves very comfy and just snore. Which is what they were mostly doing before we even went out :rolleyes: They all like a nylabone ;)

5. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

Sleeping generally who says terriers have bouncing off the walls as their default setting.

6. mollymo

mollymo Life is Golden

All quiet and sleeping here after long walk, they will wake around teatime ready to eat their supper ;)

7. Jackie99

Jackie99 PetForums VIP

His kong is currently buried deep in his sand pit in the garden where it has been for weeks, the first twice he gave it a go but then wasn't happy at all at working for his treats and wanted them as usual!! He isn't really interested in chewing on Nylabone, think he has figured out there is nothing to eat there, his box is full of stuff I have bought to tempt him over the years! Don't think I have ever come across such an energetic doggie. :blink:

8. Eroswoof

Eroswoof Guest

:lol: why wont mine sleep?! :lol: *turns him upside down to look for default settings*

Em
    xx

9. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

Erm some training maybe clicker training really works their brains and tires them out faster. You guys have bad choices see that busy word in the pomeranian breed standard switch for high energy and well a jack russell

10. Jackie99

Jackie99 PetForums VIP

He is finally a bit settled now, but only because he can hear the pitter patter of rain against the window. :D Yep think I have obviously mis placed his off switch somewhere as well....

Hmm think I shall order this ball, see how he gets on. Boomer Ball Boredom Breakers (Excluding Kongs) for Sale.... If I add up the cost of all the balls I have gotten him recently and are in the recycle bin......

Hm knew I shouldn't have gone on here now will have to have a new collar and at least a few treats.....

11. Eroswoof

Eroswoof Guest

*checks* Oh :( Yeah :( It's next to the volume options - loud or excessively loud :lol: xxxxx

12. codyann

codyann PetForums Senior

when we return from a walk roxi could run around the hallway with her fav toy or just go sleep but she does go sleep and i move to go out of the room she is up like a shot and running behind me trying to get me to play lol.

13. Jackie99

Jackie99 PetForums VIP

Yes good point, think I shall go back to good old clicker training, head to the field again in a while and spend some time going over some basic stuff.

Ha yes, mine can appear fast asleep and dreaming but if I go to make a move he is alert and raring ;)

14. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

I just have a malfunctioning dog he seems to be on the greyhound setting sleep all day, except to eat and go for walks and sometimes play with the human lol

15. witcheswalk

witcheswalk Banned

Sadie just chills out or sleeps in between walks and eating. xxx :p

16. McKenzie

McKenzie PetForums VIP

Kenzie's default setting is sleep too :D

17. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

Have you tried a treat ball? you can put in kibble from his allowance and set them to distribute bits of kibble here and there as they roll it about. Or has he got a kong solid hard rubber toys that are hollow and you stuff them with buiscuits and wet food, or smear the insides with cheese spread or peanut butter. that usually keeps them interested trying to get it out. You can freeze them too to make them last longer. Kong products are indestructable too, mine have had theirs for years and still going strong.

18. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

Just another though mine like the 8 in 1 range of chews, they are hide but "folded" in amongst the hide is dried chicken, so they have to chew and work at the hide to get the chicken out. Another thing everyone was raving about are the stagbars, havent tried them with my lot yet so havent got personal experience with those.

19. Jackie99

Jackie99 PetForums VIP

Yep tried both Kongs and treat balls!!, he gets bored of them very quickly but am going to dig out his Kong from the garden and give it another shot with different tasty fillings to last time, see if it can tempt him again.

I have ordered the Boomer Ball now, looking forward to when that arrives as it looks like a lot of fun :) Hopefully worth the cost. Could not make up my mind whether to get that or the talking/babble ball. He likes his balls!!

20. Paula07

Paula07 PetForums VIP

My rescue boy Nicolas loves watching Pingu or wildlife programs after a big long walk. Hes so cute :eek:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice