UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was walking the dogs today, took a new path and stumbled into pleb land :rolleyes:

Unfortunately both sets of people had staffies, the dogs were perfectly lovely, but what is it about this breed that attracts the stupid people?

I was walking along and then heard children shouting, so called the Spots to me and put them on the lead. Saw there was a family with a kid ahead, and one up the top of the hill, so walked into the middle and stopped a few feet back off the path, called Harry to me and put him in a sit.
The people walked down the hill, the teenage son who was walking ahead, moved off the path and walked within inches on my dogs. I thought it was him that was stupid and gave the others the benefit of the doubt, the woman and the kit next, also cut off the path and walked within inches of my dogs, the guy with the doh behind them was coming exactly the same route, so I quickly moved my dogs back out the way so they didn't jump on it :nono:

I then moved off and walked up the hill, at the top of the hill apperared another couple with 2 staffies on extending leads (hate those things) they stood in the middle of the path, their leads tangled, in a braced position with their dogs at full stretch on the lead, and I had to 2 and wrangle my 2 past them. :nono:

What is wrong with these people? If my dogs are off lead and they meet then so be it, but I put my dogs on a lead for a reason and I don't want them to meet your dogs! :mad:

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
I was walking the dogs today, took a new path and stumbled into pleb land :rolleyes:

Unfortunately both sets of people had staffies, the dogs were perfectly lovely, but what is it about this breed that attracts the stupid people?

I was walking along and then heard children shouting, so called the Spots to me and put them on the lead. Saw there was a family with a kid ahead, and one up the top of the hill, so walked into the middle and stopped a few feet back off the path, called Harry to me and put him in a sit.
The people walked down the hill, the teenage son who was walking ahead, moved off the path and walked within inches on my dogs. I thought it was him that was stupid and gave the others the benefit of the doubt, the woman and the kit next, also cut off the path and walked within inches of my dogs, the guy with the doh behind them was coming exactly the same route, so I quickly moved my dogs back out the way so they didn't jump on it :nono:

I then moved off and walked up the hill, at the top of the hill apperared another couple with 2 staffies on extending leads (hate those things) they stood in the middle of the path, their leads tangled, in a braced position with their dogs at full stretch on the lead, and I had to 2 and wrangle my 2 past them. :nono:

What is wrong with these people? If my dogs are off lead and they meet then so be it, but I put my dogs on a lead for a reason and I don't want them to meet your dogs! :mad:
In fairness there are less than fab owners of many breeds, not just Staffies :)

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know there are, but staffies seem to attract more then their fair share of idiots!

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I have to agree with you! I was at my parents at the weekend and we were in the town centre with Betty. She is very timid around people and doesn't like to be approached or touched by strangers.

The number of stupid girls (I considered the potential issues with calling them this but decided to go ahead anyway) who spotted Betty and then squealed at the top of their lungs, shouting "OMG, OMG a SAUSAGE DOG! Its soooooooo cute" then promptly running towards her, hands outstretched to stroke....then get the hump and call her nasty because she has practically had a panic attack at the high pitched, excitable giants who are now about to "attack" her and she warns them off with a barkfest!

Not all stupid people own dogs....thankfully!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.