UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wasn't sure where to put this, so here will do :D

I came in from work today, and noticed Arrow has a little mark under his eye. I am sure it wasn't like that first thing this morning, however, I took them out for there walk and then I was rushing to get to work. I had Paddy out on the walk, so I had to bring him round here while I got ready and then drop him off at his house on the way to work. I left him and Arrow in the garden together while I got changed, and then watched them from the kitchen window while I ate. They were just having a play, chasing each other etc. Then I literally had to bring Arrow in, and then I was straight out the door to leave.

I don't know what caused the mark... whether it was on the walk, while being with Paddy or if it was Jake while I was at work... However, last week I noticed he had a little bald bit on the other side...

This is the side from today...

And last week, although this one doesn't look as clear as in the flesh...

Does anyone have any idea what could have caused a mark like that?

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Just looks like he might have scratched it a bit hard or rubbed against something.. i'd keep an eye on it and I'd suspect the hair will grow back and be normal again. If not or if he seems to be itching it, then take him to the vets to get it checked, but just looks like a bit of a scratch or rub mark to me.

·
Registered
6,664 Posts

·
Banned
19,820 Posts
Dave gets them, when he has been wearing his head collar, he brushes his face on hedges etc and often catches his face, right in that spot. Took me a while to figure out where he was getting them :lol:

G

·
Angel has a mark there also but I think it's from her and Milton wrestling.

It doesn't look like a hotspot.

·
Registered
39,811 Posts
Hard to see in the pic but is the middle area raised at all?

If it is with the hair loss and the area in the middle I think it could possibly be a patch of fungal infection.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone for the replies...

I don't think it is a hot spot, doesn't look too much like one. He also doesn't wear a head collar so can't be that either :D

Sled Dog Hotel - It is all flat, no raised bit... the middle bit looks like the skin has been scraped off, and the fur is all missing... It is just so strange because it appeared all of a sudden.

I wasn't sure if it could have been either Paddy or Jake, but I doubt it was Jake. He is a softy with Arrow, and while he does tell Arrow off, it is very half hearted :rolleyes: So, I don't think Jake would give him a telling off severe enough to cause that... I guess I will never know, but the slightly bald bit on the other side of his face makes me wonder...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.