Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

What is this?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Kori, Jul 29, 2009.

1. Kori

Kori PetForums Junior

2. MADCAT

MADCAT PetForums VIP

Sorry i dont really know anything about them, but i dont think i would use them on my cats, hopefully someone with more knowledge on them will be along soon :) xxx

3. ambercat

ambercat PetForums Senior

I wouldnt use them and they definintely shouldnt be used if a cat goes outdoors as it would have no natural defences. They were developed to prevent cats scratching furniture etc, but scratching is a natural behaviour and as long as you can redirect the scratching to somewhere more suitable, like a scratch post, log, or suchlike, then they aren't necessary. :)

4. spid

spid PetForums VIP

these are the new big thing in USA - especially as there they still declaw - it stop the cats from being able to claw furniture etc. They glue over the end s of the claw and the cat still thinks it is scratching but isn't doing any damage - i would imagine that you would need to clip their claws first - I believe they are taken off easily by the owner and are reuseable.

5. ellie8024

ellie8024 PetForums VIP

i think its not a bad idea especially in the US instead of de-clawing however does anyone else think the multi coloured ones look a little silly like they have nail polish on?

6. mellowyellow

mellowyellow PetForums Member

You do have to clip the claws except in kittens, but be warned I’ve stopped using them as I couldn’t get two of them off my cat I was really worried that I would make his claw deformed. They were stuck on for well over two months despite doing as advised on the website.
    I used them cause he was prone to scratching me (which he’s grown out of) and needing my neck when having a cuddle which really hurt (still does that :p)
    I only ever put them on the front claws.
    I think I've also caused myself a problem as he hated me putting them on (another reason I stopped) and I now can not even trim his claws as he puts up so much fuss:cursing::cursing:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice