Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

What is this bump??

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Lololove, May 18, 2017.

1. Lololove

Lololove PetForums Newbie

My kitty tiger has this bump on his head. I noticed it a few weeks ago and since then it hasn't changed in shape or size. The bump doesn't seem to be bothering him, it's not hot to the touch or itchy. IMG_0302.JPG I'd like to avoid going to the vet and running endless tests, but I will if I can't find any answers here. I think It is a just a fatty deposit. Anyone have something like this happen to your fur ball?? He is indoor/outdoor.

2. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

Without it being seen in the flesh and felt, I doubt anyone could hazard more than a guess tbh

I would prefer my vet to inspect a lump just to make sure it's nothing sinister. The earlier anything nasty is caught the more chance of a successful outcome.

Ali71 likes this.
  3. Charity

Charity Endangered Species

That's quite a large lump, I would definitely get your vet to check it. It could be a cyst but because of its location near eyes and ears, if it needed removing, the sooner the better as these things have to be cut quite deep, I know from personal experience.

Lurcherlad and Calvine like this.
  4. cows573

cows573 PetForums Senior

I doubt it is a fatty deposit... looks like a jag of some sort to me. I would visit the vet... I don't think endless tests would be required for something like this.

#4 cows573, May 18, 2017
    Last edited: May 18, 2017
  5. MilleD

MilleD PetForums VIP

My cat recently had a fatty deposit removed (they thought it might be something else), it looked nothing like this.

I would definitely get a vet to take a look.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice