Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

What is this bump on my cat?

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by musical_chick121, Aug 14, 2019.

1. musical_chick121

musical_chick121 PetForums Newbie

Hi guys! I'm new to this forum and I wanted to ask if anyone could offer some insight. My 2 1/2 year old kitty Buddha has a small bump on his head. It's been there a few months now but it's recently changed. It started out as a small hard bump, and it's now got a larger growth coming out of the middle of the bump. I'm taking him into the vet as soon as I can, but was hoping someone might have seen something similar on their cat and could give me an idea of what it is. It's not bleeding or inflamed, and he isn't showing any signs of discomfort. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attached Files:

2. Raluca Matei

Raluca Matei PetForums Newbie

Unfortunately the bump is kind of unclear in the photo. At first I thought it was some kind of wart but I am not sure. I tried to zoom in and zoom out and I still can't see in detail. Warts are usually not that hard as far as I know but they tend to develop little bumps on them. I think that you must take her to the vet immediately though. My cat Kitty had something that in some ways resembles to this bump, but again, since I cannot see it properly I am not a 100% sure. The color and transparency looks like hers. It was on her belly close to one of her nipple and it was unfortunately cancer. Not to scare you but bumps that grow and change shape and are hard should be checked when you first notice them. My vet at the time really postponed surgery although it was clear to me that the bump looked like cancer. She insisted it wasn't without the proper tests and I ended up losing her.

3. Treaclesmum

Treaclesmum PetForums VIP

It might be a Pore of Winer, especially as it's on top of his head. Harmless but needs to be checked by a vet to be sure.

So sorry to hear about your cat @Raluca Matei

4. Soozi

Soozi PetForums VIP

Any lumps or bumps should be investigated and not left to be honest. The photo isn’t very clear. It could be anything my first thought was a tick that imbedded in the skin but on a closer look I really don’t know.
    Get your cat to the vet as soon as you can. Hope nothing to worry about! Let us know.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice