Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

What is the correct weight for an adult girl Guinea Pig?

Discussion in 'Small Animal Chat' started by LisaC, May 14, 2010.

1. LisaC

LisaC PetForums Newbie

I've reposted this as no-one replied to my other post! :frown:

My girls are now about 10 months old and are quite big. I don't think I overfeed them, they get nuggets, hay and fresh veg morning and night. Just wondered what the correct adult weight is?

Thanks a lot

2. hazyreality

hazyreality PetForums VIP

I think it varies in pigs in general tbh, mine have always been a bit on the large side. If they dont physically look fat, then they are pretty much ok. Try googling guinea pig weights and it will proberly find you some sort of show guidelines.

*Heidi*

3. CreativeLC

CreativeLC PetForums VIP

Im sure i've read anywhere between 900g-1200g is normal. Please don't hold me to this as im not 100%.
    My girls are about 6 months old and weigh just over 800g.

4. Wigglewoo

Wigglewoo PetForums Junior

In all honesty I have no idea what the ideal weight is!!! My two were pretty big, when I last weighed one he was 1.2kg and the vet didn't seem worried about it or tell us he was fat, but he was an adult around 4 years!!

I did have a quick look at one of my guinea books and it says; 900-1200g for males and 700-900g for females

xXx

5. Matrix/Logan

Matrix/Logan PetForums VIP

My girls range from 1.2kg to 1.6kg. There ages range from 7 months to 4 1/2 years.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice