Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

What is the best thing to do with people who dont clean up?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by farnhamit, Sep 5, 2013.

1. farnhamit

farnhamit PetForums Newbie

I recently noticed one of my neighbours does not clean up after their dog, The dog usually walks past my front garden and does it business on the footpath and they just leave it,

I have put a note through their door but they did not take any action and still fowl!!

What do i do? Can i call the council?

2. Gemmaa

Gemmaa PetForums VIP

Put it on their doorstep?

3. paddyjulie

paddyjulie PetForums VIP

Yep, call the council.

iF all else fails pick it all up, place in a neat pile on their doorstep first thing in the morning, before they leave.

4. farnhamit

:p

I am currently scooping and putting in the bins :/

But i don't really enjoy picking up others mess.

5. Wiz201

Wiz201 PetForums VIP

Shoot them :devil: (the person, not the dog) Yep, next step is to post them the poop in a bag.

6. farnhamit

This thread may convince me to actually put on the doorstop :rolleyes:

I shall phone the Council first thing as they are shut now :(

7. dandogman

dandogman PetForums VIP

I emailed the council, who forwarded on my report to the dog warden who phoned the offender... they now pick up after their dog as I've seen them with a bag in their hand... result!

8. cats galore

cats galore PetForums VIP

if i remember correctly my mom (j4nfr4n) used to put it in a bag and post it through a certain letterbox. they got the message eventually:D

9. sezeelson

sezeelson PetForums VIP

Yes phone the council.

If nothing comes of it, try to get a photo or video if you can catching them in the act and this is much less likely to go ignored as they would have evidence to fine them.

10. Bagrat

Bagrat PetForums VIP

I would try the dog warden if you have one. Picking up after others dogs is like changing nappies on other people's babies, possible but not recommended!!

11. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Smack 'em with a newspaper and rub their noses in it.

They soon learn.

metaldog likes this.
  12. Fluffaluff

Fluffaluff PetForums Member

Ergh i hate this type of behaviour :( Not only is the poop unsightly but other peoples dogs could roll in it or worse, eat it. I know personally with my Shih tzu that he has had a few attempts at an offenders mess :( Or worse still children could step in it etc :(

Silly people who think its ok to SHIRK their responsibilities when the rest of us abide and pick up after our pets. Frustrates me to no end.

I had heard maybe not from here or possibly from here of putting little flags in them! with comments on shaming the person who you have seen leave them! not for the faint hearted ofc. Failing that you could just pick it up and post it through their door I know id have NO issues with this at all if i saw someone just walk off casually!

#12 Fluffaluff, Sep 5, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2013
  13. metaldog

metaldog PetForums VIP

Collect dog waste in a bag. Take it round to their house & ring the doorbell, when they answer smile sweetly & say "I think you forgot this."

Repeat until they get the message :)

14. Wildmoor

Wildmoor PetForums Senior

Contact the Environmental Enforcement team of your local council; you need time/date of offence, description of dog and where the offence took place and owners address.
    They may want a statement from you, if so they will attend your house, the person in charge of the dog can get anything from a fixed fine (costs dependent on your LA) or be taken to court - repeat offenders will definitely go to court.
    Hit them were it hurts - their pockets

15. ellenlouisepascoe

ellenlouisepascoe PetForums VIP

My front door opens up onto the street and someone keeps letting their dog poo right outside my door!! I almost stepped in it the other day so I picked it up and threw it in the doggy bin on the CORNER OF MY STREET!

Came in from work tonight and there is another one there :(

16. Daneandrottiemum

Daneandrottiemum PetForums Member

Two options:

1. Pick it up and post through their letterbox with a note saying " I beleive you dropped this so I'm returning it to you" or

2. If you see them walk away from the poop, scoop it up and wrap it in a number of bags then run after them shouting "wait, wait, you dropped something!" They will stop (they always do - i know, I use this method on a regular basis) the SLAP the poo filled bag into their hands!! - Usually works :D

17. GingerRogers

GingerRogers PetForums VIP

I got fed up and put a big flag over the most enormous poor on the grass outside. The council cutters even cut round it. Seemed to work much less poo about.

18. Picklelily

Picklelily PetForums VIP

You are kinder than me I was going to say add their names to the list so that come the day of the revolution they are first up against the wall.

Seriously in this day and age all I would do is smile and offer a bag and if they say no and don't clean up look shocked.

For the neighbours report them to the dog warden.

19. ndenis

ndenis PetForums Newbie

In my neighbourhood there was a dog owner recently who wasn't cleaning up after their dog, and during the dry spell we had it was really becoming a problem :(

It started with one poster that someone put in their living room window, and then a couple of other neighbours followed suit...then some bright spark started spray painting the mess BRIGHT yellow - which was great for joggers like me to see it coming from a long way away.

A week or so later the mess was gone!

20. lostbear

lostbear Bear right at Newcastle . . .

Well done! Of course, they might just carry a bag about . . . :001_tongue:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice