Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

What is Spraying?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by badbudgie, Aug 18, 2009.

1. badbudgie

badbudgie PetForums Member

Hello,

I have tried to search on the internet for what exactly is "Spraying" but can only seem to find remedies and not what it is.

Is it like just a little spray or a proper size wee?

Please see Cat Peeing on Carpet thread of mine to explain my problem with my female, neuterred, 4 year old house cat.

The patch of wet was huge and we have had to throw away the underlay so is this "spraying" or just weeing?

2. lizward

lizward PetForums VIP

Spraying is done by the cat standing vertically, sort of raising its hind legs and then just spraying a small amount of urine. it's not the same thing as the normal squat in the litter tray. However I did once have a girl who would spary a vast quantity outside on bushes, an amount you would normally think of as being a litter tray pee, but again it was done vertically. If it's horizontal surfaces I would not call it spraying.

Liz

3. badbudgie

badbudgie PetForums Member

So its just normal regular pee, dirty girl!

Hopefully we have cracked the problem, why she has suddenly started not to use her litter tray who knows?!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice