Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

What Is She?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by zoeeoo, May 23, 2010.

1. zoeeoo

zoeeoo PetForums Member

i took this dog on becuase the owners didnt know what they doing she was beaten by older owners and she join my pack now :D she is lovely she can run tho :D i think she is a deerhound but i though a deerhound is a greyhound but the deerhound just got the scuffy fur? but a lucher is a cross right? like a collie x greyhound could someone help i dotn think the owners knew what she was but her name is molly her nails are long sooo a trip to the vets monday i think and she havnt had any injections sooo im getting that sorted what injections would she have coz the puppies had the puppy pack.

[​IMG]

2. xxsarahpopsxx

xxsarahpopsxx PetForums VIP

She looks quite like a lurcher that i know so i would be tempted to say lurcher. She is beautiful though whatever she is :D

3. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

How tall is she I would say a greyhound x deerhound but if she is samller the possibly a beddie x whippet.

Are you keeping her or finding her a home? If you keep her try to get her a proper sight hound collar. Either a webbing martingale collar about 2" wide or a fish tail collar one that gets wider in the middle. A normal narrow collar can hurt a sighthounds long neck and they also find them easy to take off.

4. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

She's beautiful, looks like some sort of lurcher. I think deerhounds are abit bigger then Greys. More like Wolfies' but lighter build?

5. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

From another picture she looks quite small deerhounds are huge. I'd say maybe a terrier lurcher. She's lovely anyway I love scruffy dogs

6. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

Having seen the other photo of her she looks too small to be a deerhound x greyhound. That cross wouldresult in quite a large dog. More likely a whippetx beddie or maybe a whippet x soft coated wheaten terrier which would give the colouring.

7. maizie0_0

maizie0_0 PetForums Member

Will she be OK doing Race for Life? I was going to take my puppy who would be 12 weeks old at that time but thought that it would be far too far for her to walk!

8. Sheen and Eli

Sheen and Eli PetForums VIP

Shes very simular to my Eli and hes a bearded collie cross greyhound about 27" tts. Most def a lurcher to look at, enjoy her :)

9. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

That would be way too far for a puppy unless you carried her

10. zoeeoo

zoeeoo PetForums Member

she isnt a puppy that one if my puppy poppy isnt big and storng like i expect her to be in another month then no i will be taking this one molly or gypsy :D i will be taking a dog.

the owners told me she is a deerhoundxwhippet.

11. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

There's no reason why she shouldn't be ok but if this heat carries on I wouldn't even think about taking a dog. It would be far too hot.

I'm not sure about a whippet x deerhound thats a very big dog to mate to a whippet whichever dog is which parent maybe whippet x greyhound x deerhound would be more likely. A deerhound is about 30" to the shoulder a whippet is 18-21" tts. A whippet dog would struggle to mate a deerhound without a lot of help or a ladder;) and a deerhound male would break a whippet bitches back. Most likely the whippet parent was actually a whippet x greyhound.

I do realise were theres a will thers a way but I would be surprised especially if it was an intended mating

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice