Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

What is one of the best Holidays you had!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Miss.PuddyCat, Mar 30, 2011.

1. Miss.PuddyCat

Miss.PuddyCat PetForums VIP

So lets share some of our Holiday Experience.

My dad and brother have both set themselves on fire starting campfires.

My dad once put me and my brother in the car and showed me how to drive. Then he let us by ourselves drive around the camp grounds (out of view) to grab fire wood people left behind!

Not a holiday but my dad would often take my brother or I out and let us drive the snowmobile around on the lake (with him sitting behind us)

My dad took us to the these falls where we would then jump of a cliff into a man made water hole. And my mom took us to the rapids up north and in the calmer areas we would jump in and get taken down the river a bit(People have died there before :eek: )

When we were older and would go to my dads cabin out in the bush we would tie a sled to the back of the snowmobile and take turns speeding down a country lane with one of us on the sled.

My dad once let me take the snowmobile out by myself and told me to try going farther off his property. I did and ended up driving it off the trail (which was snow covered train tracks) and had to walk a few miles to someones house to call him.

2. Eroswoof

Eroswoof Guest

I've answered this before :lol:

The first time I ever went to Costa Rica to work :thumbup:

Em
    xx

3. bexy1989

bexy1989 PetForums VIP

Mine has to be Santorini in Greece in 2007. Nothing so far has compared to it. It was such a fun filled holiday, good people, lots of laughs :D and I met my current boyfriend there :)

4. Miss.PuddyCat

Have I copied someone else's thread :eek: :eek:

I could do Costa Rica to hot!:eek:

My group on a school camping trip out in Algonquin park won best dinner :D chili, rice and bread!

5. Eroswoof

Eroswoof Guest

Nooo it was ages ago - no worries hen :D

I've been back 6 times now but that first was just amazing. It's the rainforest I work in - damp and many a bug :lol:

Em
    xx

6. sullivan

sullivan PetForums VIP

mine was my trip to the isle of wight for my honey moon. one i will never forget...was nearlly 20 yrs ago now.

7. Miss.PuddyCat

Rainforest's look very pretty but the heat and the bugs turn me off lol

8. Bandy

Bandy Banned

Not so much a holiday as Temp deployment.
    Went to Key West Florida for 2 weeks.
    Except for the psycho chick (only found out later) still ranks as the best time of my life.
    Surf, sand, night life were all superb and and the sunsets make you contemplate your place in the universe.

Duval Crawl...FTW.

:D

9. westie~ma

westie~ma ~ In my shed ~
    Staff Member

The first one where the kids could swim by themselves in the pool, it were bliss. I read several books in those two weeks, watching them out of the corner of my eye :D

10. Eroswoof

Eroswoof Guest

I'm pro a bug so I don't mind overly :thumbup:

Em
    xx

11. Bandy

Bandy Banned

Depends on the bug, I'd imagine.:D

The microscopic ones that wreak havoc on your internals can't be all that appealing.:p

12. Miss.PuddyCat

I was like aww until the last part nearly spit out my drink laughing.

I like dragon fly and butterfly but anything else is a noooo go

:eek: :(

13. Dazadal

Dazadal PetForums Member

The best holidays I have ever had are in Austria. We go to the Austrian Lake District in the Summer and before Christmas for the Christmas Markets. Salzburg is so magical in the snow. In the summer the lakes are warm enough to swim in and there are the high pastures are filled with wildflowers. We take pic-nicks and go walking all day long. We plan to get the dogs Pet passports and take them next summer. The place seems to make us all feel well and in Summer my Gran who is 96 this year comes along. :)

If I could speak better German I would consider emigrating there.

A few years ago I went to Boston in July and was lucky enough to see Humpback Whales with their young off the Massachusetts coast. The adult females were huge as big as a single decker bus. I will never ever forget that!

#13 Dazadal, Mar 31, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2011
  14. CharleyRogan

CharleyRogan PetForums VIP

Thailand and Vietnam for a month for me!

Elephant rides, stroking tigers, lovely tiny restaurants, motorbike taxis, 40 degree warmth, only bit I didn't like was the 16 hour plane journey on my own their and back by myself!

15. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

Backpacking around Greece. It was amazing we went to
    Athens obviously good to see the Acropolis we could see it from our hotel balcony. The hike up there not so good
    Delphi one of the most beautiful places I've ever been to
    Meteora lovely setting and the interior of the monstaries are really gorgeous
    Santorini I got very bored of very quickly
    Crete we saw King Minos' palace where the minotaur supposedly lived and did a beautiful trek in the Samaria gorge
    Hydra which is great because there's no mechanised transport it's all steps so no bloody scooters. Plus the snorkelling and kayaking was fun until the sunburn ouch.

I want to go back there's just so much to explore. Even if you just go to lie on a beach and get drunk try to at least see some of it outside your resort it's a fascinating country

16. 0nyxx

0nyxx PetForums VIP

Spent 2 weeks in Gower South Wales about 4 yrs ago, weather was brilliant, friend went with us so we had transport plus he knew the area, we did loads of castles walked alot & spent ages on the beaches loved 3 cliffs bay & Rossilli beach didnt want to come home :(

Then spent a week in Cardiff & Blackwood travelling round, builth wells, breacon, & all over loved it :D

17. bexy1989

bexy1989 PetForums VIP

how did you get bored of santorini :eek:

i loved every minute, i cant wait to go back next year hopefully :D

18. lizzyboo

lizzyboo PetForums VIP

oh gosh mine would have to be kavos 1995.............

lying on the beach jiggling our toes to the beach resident dj chooooons

crawling in at 6am in the morning after having had the best nights

meeting jade..... man was HE gorgeous!

finding our 'next door neighbours' asleep on our lilos

booze cruises.........need i say more!

watching people all oiled up trying to get on their lilos in the sea and sliding off them and us howling with laughter at them

falling asleep on our lilos and ending up about a mile from the shore and having my best mate tow me back in

i have never laughed so much in all my life.... that holiday will never be beaten!

19. haeveymolly

haeveymolly PetForums VIP

All my holidays when the kids were young were the best, isnt the same now.

20. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

I just didn't enjoy it. It's beautiful but I prefer to be doing things not just going on one volcanic tour which yes was nice but meh and swimming

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice