Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

What is it about rabbit meat?

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Themis, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Themis

Themis PetForums Senior

That drives Cat's crazy, or is it just mine?

I got half a rabbit from Woldsway and gave some to my Cat's for dinner last night and again for breakfast this morning. They went totally crazy with excitement and were running all over the flat with their "prize". It was cute to see though my floors are going to need a good scrub.

2. billyboysmammy

billyboysmammy PetForums VIP

lol mine all absoloutly love rabbit too!

Maybe its because its a more natural prey item?

Mine enjoyed a frozen mouse each for breakfast and all of them went wild! well.... my new girl didnt, she is slowly being tansitioned but isnt ready for that step yet, but she looked on hungrily ;) and my persian girl refuses anything that has to be crunched!

3. hobbs2004

hobbs2004 PetForums VIP

Mine aren't really that fussed - strange. Well, if I get rabbit with fur and all from a farmshop - they love that. Still, they prefer lamb. They had quail this morning - I would love to find a good source of that.

Which reminds me, has anyone ever ordered meat from the alternative meat place. They have some interesting meats.

Happy cleaning Themis!

#3 hobbs2004, Jun 3, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2010
  4. billyboysmammy

billyboysmammy PetForums VIP

i havent yet! My freezer is chocker!

5. hobbs2004

hobbs2004 PetForums VIP

6. The Twins

The Twins PetForums Senior

Useful - i'll maybe try their trimmings option for pets as it looks a good price and it'd be good to add to their mince to make them chew more! :thumbup:

7. The Twins

The Twins PetForums Senior

Mine go mental for rabbit - i have to shut them out of the kitchen when i am cutting one up! I have to be careful too as they can get a bit too hooked on it - rabbit is an addictive meat in that they love it so much they'll often stop eating everything else!

8. Themis

Themis PetForums Senior

Well mine won't be getting it too often as it's so hard to cut up! Plus my OH isn't happy as he had plans to roast it. Ooops!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice