Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

What is bug in my aquarium?

Discussion in 'Tropical Aquarium Advice' started by vincetx, Mar 17, 2021.

1. vincetx

vincetx PetForums Newbie

Hi, I’ve recently set up a new tropical 75l aquarium and only had pest snails so far. I discovered this little guy today, hoping someone knows what it is and whether it’s harmful? I’m stocking my tank with Platys and some of them aren’t full size yet.
    Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. bunnygeek

bunnygeek PetForums VIP

Dragonfly/Damselfly nymph - predatory and will eat baby fish! Remove ASAP!

You know the mouth on of the alien in Alien? Looks very similar to these guys...

vincetx likes this.
  3. vincetx

vincetx PetForums Newbie

Oh no! I thought it might be having done some research but I was hoping for the best, is there a way to remove it or any methods of drawing it out as I haven’t seen it since (being so small). Is there likely to be more than one in my tank? Sorry for the questions and thanks so much for the help!

4. vincetx

vincetx PetForums Newbie

Incase anyone comes across this and is wondering, I managed to remove the nymph by removing the plant I thought it might’ve come from (since it also had snail eggs on it) and washed it in a bowl, I found it in the left over water! The platys are all well and healthy :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice