Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

What is between my dogs toes?

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Kirstyn Gibbs, May 23, 2020.

1. Kirstyn Gibbs

Kirstyn Gibbs PetForums Newbie

He got sap on his leg today so i checked his paws while I was cleaning him. There’s a weird scab looking thing between his toes. Either a scab, an extra paw pad or a tumor. It is a little red around it in some areas. Should I have a vet check it?

Attached Files:

2. caterpiller

caterpiller No thoughts, head empty.

Hello! Does he seem to be in any sort of discomfort at the moment? And yeah, if you think it might be a tumour or growth or some kind... definitely get it checked by a vet. Hope his paw is better soon! :)

Kirstyn Gibbs likes this.
  3. Kirstyn Gibbs

so the only time I think it irritates him is on walks. Not bad though. He just kicks up his feet every now and then. I thought maybe rocks or sticks were getting stuck between his toes but I guess it must be that. But no discomfort otherwise. He never licks or bites at it either.

4. Blitz

Blitz PetForums VIP

It looks like a warty sort of growth. It must irritate him. Not urgent but I would get an appointment with a vet in the near future and see if it needs removing.

5. Kirstyn Gibbs

the only time I see it bother him a little bit is when we go on a walk he kicks up his feet. But he never chews at it or licks it.

6. moomoo10

moomoo10 PetForums Member

I get paranoid about them, but it doesn't look like a Tick. Def get it checked x

7. SusieRainbow

SusieRainbow Moderator
    Staff Member

I'm wondering if it could be a corn ? Some breeds, eg Sight Hounds, are prone to them.

8. Kirstyn Gibbs

Omg I’m so paranoid of them. It’s so bad.

9. Kirstyn Gibbs

He’s a chihuahua pit bull mix with some other terriers mixed in there. But thank you. My cousin said it looks like a wart too. But it bothers him when we go for walks and if we walk for too long he always jumps up to be carried. He’s like a little human child. Lol. But I feel bad.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice