Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

What is best dry or wer food?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by KirstyLouise, Apr 16, 2011.

1. KirstyLouise

KirstyLouise PetForums Member

Hi Guys

So both my kittys have bad bellys and have a bacterica infection told my vet i put them on fleix wet food two pounches each a day and dry IMAS down all the time with water and was told to give just dry imas all the time and no wet food.

What do you think i should do? Both my kittens drink loads of water so im pleased they do this just abit concerened with vets advice.

2. Gem16

Gem16 PetForums VIP

Not another dry food advocate vet! :rolleyes:
    Wet food really is much better for cats than an all dry diet. You may have seen the sticky thread in health and nutrition which is worth a good read about the different foods you can get, which will be of more nutritional value to your cats :)
    The reason they drink alot of water is because they aren't getting enough moisture from their food, which is why wet is best because even if a cat drinks alot, it is still difficult to make sure their truly getting enough!

3. KirstyLouise

KirstyLouise PetForums Member

I cant say they really like dry food and im worried about leaving them with just that all the time so i think when there better ill go back to normal with their wet food. xx

4. Aurelia

Aurelia PetForums VIP

I agree with Gem here :D

Plus if you can ... head on over to the A-Z of wet foods in food and nutrition. There are loads of foods to choose from, some are much better than Felix and believe it or not work out cheaper too :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice