Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

What I saw

Discussion in 'Wildlife Gallery' started by rona, Sep 13, 2014.

1. rona

rona Still missing my boys

On my walk today.
    [​IMG]

Might not be very special to some but they haven't been around this area much.
    There were two of them. One was playing with a Crow and the other just wheeling about. I laid down on the ground and they both came to have a look at me, hovering right above me just above treetop height :) I was just moving of when they tumbled together in play :) :)

Magical :)

Just wish I had a better camera :eek:

2. noushka05

noushka05 Unicorn denier. Snowflake. Activist ;)

Wow you lucky thing! That is one of my fave birds. I hope they colonize my area soon, they're not too far away so fingers crossed.

3. Jonescat

Jonescat Don't do nothing. Do something.

Best camera is in the mind anyway. I didn't know they were nosey - I'll have to try lying down if I can next time I see one. They are lovely to watch though :)

4. rona

rona Still missing my boys

When I was standing up, they just gave me a cursory look, obviously knew that humans aren't worth the effort. Lying down though, you become a curiosity. :)

Swallows are another that I like to fool. It's amazing when they fly past at speed just inches from your face :)

Oh yes about the best camera, mine could see every feather and colour

5. delca1

delca1 PetForums VIP

Not sure I think they are nosy when you lie down more like they're looking at a you as a food source :D

There are quite a few Kites and Buzzards round here now, I love seeing them.

6. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

Beautiful bird :)

We have family friends in Oxford and it was always exciting to get to the point on the motorway where these amazing birds could be seen soaring above - still is, even at nearly 54, actually ;)

I spotted a Sparrow Hawk on the grass in my garden the other day - another spectacular bird.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice