Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

What has your dog done today to make you smile?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by spamvicious, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Boxerluver30

Boxerluver30 Hound Lover

Samson decided to roll in a dead bird on this mornings walk, he did such an overdramatic stop drop and roll that I was just stood there peeing myself laughing :Hilarious

2. PawsOnMe

PawsOnMe PetForums VIP

Something simple that just made me smile is the way Izzy is sitting.
    20180209_124417.jpg
    20180209_124125.jpg
    They've also made me so proud with how they'e being with the workmen in and out. My little stars :)

mollymo, kimthecat, sesmo and 11 others like this.
  3. tabelmabel

tabelmabel PetForums Member

Although these bird stories are making me smile, I wouldn't be smiling if my Tilly rolled in birds or brought me a dead bird!! So it's a kind of "that could so easily be me and my dog but relief that it isn't kind of smile!"

I am SO squeamish and pathetic about these things! Tilly does pick things up in the woods. And my heart does a mini skip til i identify it. So far it has just been plant material and such like.

As for standing laughing when your dog ROLLS on a dead bird @Boxerluver30!! That is some sense of humour you have there!!! I would find that quite revolting if that was my dog! Funny when it's not though:)

sesmo, Picklelily and Boxerluver30 like this.
  4. Teddy-dog

Teddy-dog PetForums VIP

So I shouldn't be smiling AT ALL. As Teddy has been naughty....

However, OH had ordered some cards online and they arrived yesterday while we were at work....Teddy had decided that it was his post and had opened it while no one was in... The thing that made me chuckle was that inside was a little note written on some card that said 'Open Carefully :)' and all around it were little Teddy nibbles.... He looked at me like 'I opened them as carefully as I could mum!' :D

OH wasn't best pleased. But the note made me laugh. I don't know why he decided to go for this parcel as we have post all the time and he's never done it before!

5. Boxerluver30

Boxerluver30 Hound Lover

It was more Samson being overdramatic that I found funny (he literally saw it, dropped dead and threw himself down into the roll). If I had seen it beforehand he would of gotten pulled away, but unfortunately It was hidden in a bush! Did have to bath him when we got home as well which is always a hassle :rolleyes:.

sesmo, Picklelily and tabelmabel like this.
  6. StormyThai

StormyThai Moderator
    Staff Member

When out on our walk today I released Thai to go and get his ball, I have a cold at the moment so croaked a bit as I said his release cue...He went to shoot off but after 2 strides he wasn't sure if he had heard right (sometimes I say random words before the release which he is meant to ignore) so turned around and came back just in case.

7. Pardis

Pardis PetForums Member

Figuring out his Kong and going absolutely bonkers when the treats started falling out :D

Attached Files:

8. Doyley

Doyley PetForums Member

Just reading through this thread and saw this :Hilarious :Hilarious :Yuck do we have awards here for the best comments? This has to be a contender :Hilarious

JoanneF, sesmo, Picklelily and 2 others like this.
  9. Picklelily

Picklelily PetForums VIP

My husband has been working from home for the last 2.5 months and as a result, Pickle has become rather spoilt by him, if he has a biscuit she gets a biscuit etc. This week he has realised things are getting out of hand and tonight he had cheese and didn't give her any, she went off into the kitchen in a huff where he found her attempting to open the fridge door with her nose :D

Little monsters clearly think they are entitled to cheese lol

10. Pardis

Pardis PetForums Member

Being a heart broken little potato after his first bath... He clearly feels betrayed but also doesn't want to leave my side :D

image.jpeg image.png

11. tabelmabel

tabelmabel PetForums Member

A funny thing that Tilly does every day is sneak a chew stick or bone very surreptitiously! She is the submissive one of the two and Murphles has first pick of all new chews or bones. Then when he's done he usually keels over and goes to sleep with the thing between his paws or very close by.

Then Tilly will kind of look at him, then us, back to him again. Then she does this funny thing where she'll get her body flat to the ground and turn her head away from Murphles.

And then her front paw starts to stretch out really slowly. And it stretches and stretches until just the tip flicks the chew or bone away from Murphles and over to her!

Then she quickly turns around so her back is to Murphles and starts chewing on the item.

Sometimes she gets away with it.

Sometimes Murphles wakes up and slowly goes round to see what she has.

Then she does all the deferential body language turning her head away as if to say 'good heavens, I've no idea how that bone ended up here - go on, take it!'

#31 tabelmabel, Feb 10, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
  12. Siskin

Siskin Look into my eyes....

Oh you mean thing. Fancy washing him clean and sweet smelling:D

spamvicious, JoanneF and Pardis like this.
  13. Pardis

Pardis PetForums Member

He actually smells like a dog-orange hybrid now :D

14. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

wait...they are supposed to make you smile??:Wideyed

Adam waited til I had made the bed with all fresh linens and blankets the other day before throwing up on it....smiling wasnt really the expression on my face.:Shifty

15. JoanneF

JoanneF PetForums VIP

Timber has had the BEST fun with a ball in a sock. Thank you, thank you, thank you @Kimmikins for the idea! Grinning ear to ear at how much he loved it.

16. Nettles

Nettles PetForums VIP

I was expecting Phoebe to cause a huge ruckus today when we saw two horse riders coming towards us in the forest. She has only seen horses at a distance on the beach, and she barks like a lunatic at cows, so I was totally expecting her to behave like a complete muppet.. but nope, she didn’t :Happy
    We got as far off the path as we could, and she sat calmly and quietly watching them approach while I gave her lots of praise and shovelled cheese into her mouth. Just as they were going by, one of the horses lifted it’s head and snorted, which scared the bejesus out of her, so she let out a few woofs and almost pulled me off my feet trying to hide behind my OH’s legs, but once they had passed us and we joined the path again, she forgot all about them and happily carried on with the walk.

spamvicious, Boxerluver30 and JoanneF like this.
  17. JoanneF

JoanneF PetForums VIP

Well done Phoebe!

Nettles likes this.
  18. CheddarS

CheddarS PetForums VIP

27857922_10160118755825284_6208356278792108136_n.jpg He freaked out at a drone...think he thought it was a hornet (which he chases)...lol

19. Kimmikins

Kimmikins PetForums VIP

Aww, this makes me so happy :)

20. JoanneF

JoanneF PetForums VIP

Not as happy as it made him, I promise you!

Kimmikins likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice