Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

What has your dog done today to make you smile?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by spamvicious, Feb 8, 2018.

1. spamvicious

spamvicious PetForums Senior

Today I let Star off lead in a field and she was bringing the ball back and getting some turkey perfectly. A dog appeared on a hill near the road and I was terrified that Star might run towards it but she didn't, she barked once and then came back to me when called. I took her down a path I used to walk her all the time off lead and she was amazing, came back straight away and didn't wander too far. I'm so happy. What has your dog done to make you smile today?

Jemymah, Ella28, sesmo and 15 others like this.
  2. JoanneF

JoanneF PetForums VIP

In the mornings Mr F and I take turns to make the coffee and take it back to bed and watch some breakfast news. It was my turn today and I got a lovely happy dance from Timber when I went downstairs. I always get a lovely greeting, and when it's Mr F's turn for the coffee, T comes upstairs to say good morning to me (he has access any time but loves his bed) and it never fails to set me up for the day.

Ella28, sesmo, Picklelily and 9 others like this.
  3. Gemmaa

Gemmaa PetForums VIP

Danny destroyed a brand new ball in less than 10 seconds...it's a new personal best, so it was a bit of a proud owner moment

:Bag

4. Animallover26

Animallover26 I am me.

Bungo has done 2 things today.

1. He was given a soft, squeaky ball yesterday which he adores, we were playing with it earlier and not only was he doing a really good fetch, every time he came back to me he was dropping the ball into my boot :Hilarious

2. We were coming up a path and coming up to a crossing, I saw a lady coming along the other path, so I stopped and recalled Bungo, he came running up to me and watched the other dog pass us up ahead, granted there was a lot of standing on back legs and crying from Bungo, but he listened when I called which is huge! :Woot

Ella28, sesmo, Picklelily and 8 others like this.
  5. Kim Watcham

Kim Watcham KIM N ARCHIE

archie was playing ball bringing it back to me ....then he gets into a SNEEZING FIT :Joyful

Ella28, sesmo, Picklelily and 6 others like this.
  6. MontyMaude

MontyMaude PetForums VIP

Mine have been mimicking hot water bottles to day and keeping me warm and snuggled on the sofa.

Ella28, sesmo, Picklelily and 9 others like this.
  7. BlueJay

BlueJay Pee on it and walk away

Sam brings me a present every time I come hone from work. A toy, a chompy, a blanket etc.

Yesterday he brought me a dead bird :Bored :D

Ella28, sesmo, Picklelily and 10 others like this.
  8. Katalyst

Katalyst A Lanky Lurcher and a Delinquent Dobermann

Maude picked today to finally fart in my other halfs face this morning rather than mine.
    Not only have I dodged a bullet (because she had a couple of bonios yesterday) but I'm elated that she is no longer only using her dober-arse as a weapon on me!

Ella28, sesmo, Picklelily and 10 others like this.
  9. cbcdesign

cbcdesign PetForums VIP

Duchess saw her friend for the first time in 2 months and ran up to her to say hello. It was like a scene from a Disney movie, very cute.

Ella28, sesmo, Picklelily and 5 others like this.
  10. Tillystar

Tillystar PetForums VIP

Ella28, sesmo, Picklelily and 4 others like this.
  11. Magyarmum

Magyarmum PetForums VIP

Nothing 'cos my two have been driving me mad all day.

It's been raining all day and with the melting snow everywhere's muddy,slushy and slippery Instead of being good ickle girlz 'n boyz 'n having a duvet day the pair of them decided to play musical front doors with me as chief door closer

When they were in, they wanted to be out and when they were out they wanted to be in! I could have cheerfully strangled them!

Can't tell how muddy the small hairy creature is because he's black but Miss Pei Face looked like a McVities Chocolate Digestive. .. mud underneath and biscuit coloured on the top.

The little darlings are now fast asleep .. bless their little cotton socks!

12. magpie

magpie PetForums VIP

Benji made weird, yowly, happy noises while playing with his ball!

Harley always gets my first smile whenever I come home, as he sits on the windowsill of the back porch waiting for me when he hears my van :)

13. tabelmabel

tabelmabel PetForums Senior

Tilly has gone to top of her dog training class! After weeks of being the dunce of the class, last week she was described by the trainer as 'one of the more advanced dogs' and today she demonstrated perfect heelwork round a 'leave line' of distracting objects.

So I did smile when another puppy parent said "how long did it take you to get her to heel like that?"

"About 300 hours" was my truthful reply:)

14. tabelmabel

tabelmabel PetForums Senior

Ha ha @BlueJay!! That has made me smile again!! Cheers!

sesmo, Picklelily and spamvicious like this.
  15. PickleRoo

PickleRoo PetForums Junior

Edison somehow managed to end up wearing a cup of tea?!

The antics my little alien gets up to never cease to amaze me ...

16. JoanneF

JoanneF PetForums VIP

I would love to come on here tomorrow and tell you all he had trained himself to mix me a gin and tonic but that's a bit unlikely ...

17. bumbarrel

bumbarrel PetForums Member

I took Boz to visit two friends. They have alot of health problems, Ross had a stroke 18 months ago and is now confined to a wheelchair. They have their own dogs - 2 Flatcoat retrievers.
    Ross particularly likes the fact that Boz can sit on his lap, so I lifted him up and and Ross had a cuddle with him.

18. Kimmikins

Kimmikins PetForums VIP

I’ve been seeing lots of posts on a canine enrichment group I’m in about tennis balls in socks. I didn’t think Fidgey would fall for this, but I’ve just worn through yet another sock and thought I’d pop his squeaky Kong tennis ball in there and see what they thought of it.

He fricking loved it! Throwing it all over the place and then pouncing in it. Even Sara, she who is above chasing balls, was a fan :) I love watching them having fun.

sesmo, Picklelily, StormyThai and 4 others like this.
  19. Boxer123

Boxer123 PetForums VIP

I've had a long day they waited for me to come home and I got the biggest boxer cuddles here they are waiting looking out of my sisters window. 4d6005c5-dc32-431f-a984-5a7f5e992ef8.jpg

20. Zaros

Zaros Pet Forums, Holy Roller.

Nothing much. But then Oscar doesn't have to. He always makes me smile. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice