UK Pet Forums Forum banner

What happens to my dog?

7K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  Rafa 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, I hope that this isn't in the wrong place.

My Yorkshire Terrier who I had for 14 years was put to sleep on Tuesday. He went in for some dental work and the vets found a tumor in his throat, they advised that the best thing to do was put him to sleep, other than suffer.

It was completely unexpected and I am absolutely devastated, my life just feels empty. What makes it worse is that I'm 24 and so I had him from the age of 9, so my heart is in tatters.

I know time will heal but I just need some advice now as I can't bring myself to contact the vets, I just break down (I know, I need to get a grip of myself)

When we were told about it, I was in so much shock and disbelief that I asked for them to respectfully dispose of his remains, after what I understand is a cremation.

My question is, what actually happens to my dogs ashes after he was cremated? Do they get buried, and where would that be? Since I have a had a few days to come to terms with him being gone I have thought none stop about where he is, any help will be appreciated.

He was put to sleep at the PDSA Animal Hospital in Kirkdale, Liverpool, if that is of any help to any local people.

Thanks so much for any responses.

See less See more
#2 ·
I have no advice but I want to say I'm so sorry for the loss of your little boy.

Please feel free to share any thoughts, memories or emotions you have here, there are many members who have experienced a similar loss and will not hesitate to offer a shoulder to cry on.

Don't feel alone, we are here for you!

#5 ·
I know that here in Cardiff, our local pet crematory will scatter the ashes of any animals (that ashes are not being returned to the owner for a cost) in their garden of rest within their grounds that you can go and visit. I would think that would be the sort of thing that happens a lot. Or at least I hope it is!

I am sorry to hear your sad news but you really did do the right thing and have him PTS before he started to suffer with what would have in the end been a very nasty tumour!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.