UK Pet Forums Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok it must be my turn for the questions today

This one relates to dog poo and the quantity produced.

I de-poo'd the garden yesterday and was stunned by the quantity that one dag can produce :eek:

Fidgit's poo's were relatively small but Crumpets were HUGE!!!
I would have said that a great dane had dropped that load rather then and everage lab!.

Why is there such a huge difference in size?
Does this mean that Crum is not getting any benefit from her food and that it's passing straight through her?
She is fed, like Fidgit is, based on her weight rather than the standed 'large dog' - Crum weighs in at approx 25kg.

Can anyone shed any light on why one dog can produce so much?

·
Registered
5,712 Posts
Oh My God, I can so sympathise with the OP here
Both Haggis and Tatties seem to produce so much in large quantities!
Some mornings we go into the garden and its like the Himalayas !!
If the hound mounds were any bigger they would have snow on the peek!
But Laalie drops smaller ones.
In answer to you question, i really have no idea, i just put it down to a larger 'storage area' and an urge to go less often..
a great thread for 8am though, think i'll get myself another coffee and settle my stomach now! lolol

·
Registered
16,645 Posts
Mostly depends on the quality of food being fed, we have dogs here on one food and they produce very little, the older ones not being shown are on a different food (won at a show) and boy to they produce a lot more of it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
I am also surprised at the amount of poop our lab Shen can produce. Some days there's one or two offerings other days it's dotted everywhere in the garden.

I gave up using carrier bags due to the holes in the bottom. I made one to many poorly judged grabs. I now use nappy sack you get from the Chemist. 200 for £1

·
Registered
712 Posts
I am also surprised at the amount of poop our lab Shen can produce. Some days there's one or two offerings other days it's dotted everywhere in the garden.

I gave up using carrier bags due to the holes in the bottom. I made one to many poorly judged grabs. I now use nappy sack you get from the Chemist. 200 for £1
i think i found the best bargin in nappy sacks yesterday......300 for 72 pence in wilkinsons, the larger ones seem to do them. very good idea when its not raining, put puppy pad in garden, they all want to go on there so it doesnt get all round the garden and i just fold it up when it needs replaceing and not at all messy!

·
Banned
19,820 Posts
When Dave was on Wagg, he was having to eat so much of it to keep his ideal weight that the amount he pooped was quite alot.
Now that he is on wainwrights I am having to feed him less of it and his poop is smaller.

But, Dixie gets half the amount Dave does, and her poop is about the same size! Lol I have no idea.

x

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.