Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

What goes in must come out

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by _Lesley_, Jul 15, 2009.

1. _Lesley_

_Lesley_ PetForums Member

Ok it must be my turn for the questions today

This one relates to dog poo and the quantity produced.

I de-poo'd the garden yesterday and was stunned by the quantity that one dag can produce :eek:

Fidgit's poo's were relatively small but Crumpets were HUGE!!!
    I would have said that a great dane had dropped that load rather then and everage lab!.

Why is there such a huge difference in size?
    Does this mean that Crum is not getting any benefit from her food and that it's passing straight through her?
    She is fed, like Fidgit is, based on her weight rather than the standed 'large dog' - Crum weighs in at approx 25kg.

Can anyone shed any light on why one dog can produce so much?

2. 3 red dogs

3 red dogs PetForums VIP

Oh My God, I can so sympathise with the OP here
    Both Haggis and Tatties seem to produce so much in large quantities!
    Some mornings we go into the garden and its like the Himalayas !!
    If the hound mounds were any bigger they would have snow on the peek!
    But Laalie drops smaller ones.
    In answer to you question, i really have no idea, i just put it down to a larger 'storage area' and an urge to go less often..
    a great thread for 8am though, think i'll get myself another coffee and settle my stomach now! lolol

3. bird

bird PetForums VIP

Fraid I cant tell you why it happens, Arnie does a rather large one in the morning and then gets smaller as the day goes on :D

4. _Lesley_

_Lesley_ PetForums Member

:001_tt2::001_tt2::D:D:D:D:D

5. tashi

tashi PetForums VIP

Mostly depends on the quality of food being fed, we have dogs here on one food and they produce very little, the older ones not being shown are on a different food (won at a show) and boy to they produce a lot more of it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

i think it depends on the time of day, if zeb hasnt been in a while you need a tesco bag to pick it up lol!!

7. 3 red dogs

3 red dogs PetForums VIP

We use Lidl's carrier bags hun, they are used to carrying crap about in!! lolol

8. SeaThreePeeO

SeaThreePeeO PetForums VIP

I am also surprised at the amount of poop our lab Shen can produce. Some days there's one or two offerings other days it's dotted everywhere in the garden.

I gave up using carrier bags due to the holes in the bottom. I made one to many poorly judged grabs. I now use nappy sack you get from the Chemist. 200 for £1

9. bichonsrus

bichonsrus PetForums Senior

i think i found the best bargin in nappy sacks yesterday......300 for 72 pence in wilkinsons, the larger ones seem to do them. very good idea when its not raining, put puppy pad in garden, they all want to go on there so it doesnt get all round the garden and i just fold it up when it needs replaceing and not at all messy!

10. Kinski

Kinski PetForums VIP

I feed my pair on a high quality food and get hardly any waste from them, occasionally Abby will go for over 24 hours without producing anything :D.

Terri

11. Sari

Sari PetForums Member

When he was on dried food he created roundabouts in the garden but I started my boy on a raw meet diet and his output decreased significantly! :D

12. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

When Dave was on Wagg, he was having to eat so much of it to keep his ideal weight that the amount he pooped was quite alot.
    Now that he is on wainwrights I am having to feed him less of it and his poop is smaller.

But, Dixie gets half the amount Dave does, and her poop is about the same size! Lol I have no idea.

x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice