UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
When my eldest cat, 11 months, was pulling out the cat food drawer, to then go in and rummage through to find his favourite treats - I wondered what treats members of the forum gave their cats which would make them go to these lengths!!;) Now I'm off to get some more!!

By the way he was attacking the draw to get some 'Thrive' freeze dried meat treats, not cheap though!!

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
Mine would sell their souls for dreamies.... Although they are a very occasional treat :p

·
Administrator
35,970 Posts
The girls will both turn their noses up at Thrive treats. They have some Cosmo dried beef treats which are okay but at the moment they go mad for the Webox sticks :thumbup1: They both like Dreamies and the Felix treats too :thumbup1:
I used to get the Nature's Menu ones for Mai Tai but haven't had any for a while

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The girls will both turn their noses up at Thrive treats. They have some Cosmo dried beef treats which are okay but at the moment they go mad for the Webox sticks :thumbup1: They both like Dreamies and the Felix treats too :thumbup1:
I used to get the Nature's Menu ones for Mai Tai but haven't had any for a while
Have you tried the Webbox Lick-e-lix? To tempt my lot onto RAW I would mix in one of these tubes and they would go seriously mad and lick the bowl until it was clean!!!

Mine didn't like dried meat treats to start with, texture?, but now they are seriously adored.
This is a link showing Harvey slowly dragging out the cat food drawer with his feet to get at the 'Thrive' treats inside, first he jumps in then, in the next video, jumps up on the work surface, pulls 'Dreamies' out of the way and then yanks out the 'Thrive' tube with his teeth - he hasn't yet pierced it yet or prised open the end. I thought I was going mad finding the drawer open a little and the tubes around the house!!!!:D
Harvey finding a way to get his THRIVE treats - YouTube
Harvey getting THRIVE treats part 2 - YouTube

·
Registered
8,840 Posts
My Charlie-girl will sit on her hind legs like a meerkat for Whiskas Temptations - evidence attached! :D

Attachments

·
Registered
212 Posts
my cats don't like any of the biscuit/ stick type treats! Applaws fish is the ultimate fave in this house!

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Anyone here have any experience with catnip-laden treats? Are they any good, or would they cause some kind of cat-addiction problems? :confused:
We've only had the catnip Dreamies which I have to say Harvey thought were his favs.No addiction with those but good training results .......

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
He will eat any treats like they are going out of fashion! Applaws wet foods, thrive, dreamies, webbox, chicken, ham, tuna... You name it and he will climb your leg for it! :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.