UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All my cats are doing the famous cat thing of liking a food for one week , then not touching it. liking another one for 2 days then not touching it and so on. Now Im lucky if what they like for breakfast then like at dinner now lol . Anyone got a tried and tested cat food(S) that they cant resist ( wet if poss please) ?

·
Registered
10,685 Posts
Do you just stick to one brand and feed that until they are fed up with it or do you feed different brands in rotation? Sounds like you do the former and your cats are getting fed up with it (so would I if I only get mushroom soup for days on end for breakfast, lunch and dinner).

So, why don't you just mix up the brands and feed them a different one either at each meal (doable if you got more than one cat) or each day.

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
I have 7 brands in rotation, and they also get raw too.

I agree, that the more variety you can give, the better.

Like Hobbs said, would you want to eat the same thing day in day out?

I don't know what wet foods you have tried, but I can recommend (on quality and the cat taste test!).....

Grau, Amonida Carny, Bozita (available from Zooplus)
Macs, Petnatur, Catz Fine Foods (available from German websites)
They also get applaws chicken and cheese (available from pets at home and Zooplus) as an occasional treat.

Ones that fail the cats taste test here are Smilla and Tiger Cat.

Hope this helps :D

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
I hope I am doing the right thing and, as Hobbs said, have started on a food rotation. Our cats, up until now, really have only enjoyed Meowingheads Chicken and Chicken and Salmon complete dried food and Applaws Wet pouches limited to the chicken range but without pumpkin, asparagus etc but they are beginning to show they want a change/variety . So this a photo of my first sample delivery from Germany which came via UPS this morning!! ordered Tuesday received Friday. Hoping to see, in rotation, which ones they take to. As you can see they are keen to start!! Very pleased with the packing in the delivery, this collection includes - Catz fine food, Macs, Animonda, Petnatur, Terra Felis, Porta 21, Schesir and Herrmanns.
We shall see!!!!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
You cat has a look as if to say "Is it Christmas" :lol:

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Brill ideas everyone , thank you . Will start rotating lol . Yes i do try a food till its finished then switch to another one .Gonna go out get a selection of different ones and applaws for a treat as i can see what i have been doing wrong and must make amends . Love the ITS CHRISTMAS PIC , very cute .:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.