Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

What exactly are Degus

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by Melysia, Jun 24, 2009.

1. Melysia

Melysia PetForums Member

Sorry if I haven't got the spelling correct.

I was in Viper and Vine the other day buying mice for Tamba but as it's a fair bus ride away I always have a good look at all the other animals.

My little girl loved them (Degus) me a little more, :p. There were two of them in a tank trying to jump up on their hind legs as though trying to escape lol. After about 3 jumps they started squabbling two hand, or paw even, scrapping still on hind legs lol I suppose you'd call it bitch fighting :eek: They were charming creatures anyway, very comical! They looked like a mixture between mice and chipmonks and hamsters!

Can anyone fill me in as to exactly where they come from?

2. spankingtigger

spankingtigger PetForums Member

they are ace little things they come from the semi-arid scrub area of central chili on the west slopes of the andies :)

DEGUTOPIA >('):(')< For all your degu needs

go on this web site tells you all you need to know about them, or if you have any more questions just ask i breed and rescue them last count was 16 but i no i have more babies wooooooo

they are very social so you need to have them in a pair or a group all mine are kept in 3s or 4s hoping to get them in a bigger group soon :)

3. srhdufe

srhdufe PetForums VIP

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice