UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can i use to put at the bottom of the cage besides sawdust as i think one of my hamsters may be alergic to it as they are scratching but there is nothing on them like mites or any thing i have checked.
So what can i use besides sawdust . Thanks.

·
Registered
357 Posts
shredded paper is good to use :) if i run out of sawdust i use cross shredded bill etc :)

·
Registered
20,845 Posts
There is a bedding called carefresh, I use that with the mice as one of them has breathing difficulties when on sawdust/shavings it looks like pieces of the stuff egg boxes are made out of. When you say you have checked for mites, I might be wrong here but I thought they were too small to see.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well what i mean is i cant see any thing and if you rub them between kitchen paper or some thing you see if any thing has fallen of them.
Well that is acording to the net and what i have tried besides looking through his fur. Cheers any thing else i can use.

·
Registered
603 Posts
I use aubiose,its dust free and a big bale usually cost about £10. Equisorb is also quite good and dust free.

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
There is something called Megazorb that you can use too which is fine. I used it for my guinea pigs once but it was quite expensive for the amount you got and using shavings worked out a lot cheaper but we have three large hutches.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.