Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

What elimination blood tests for seizures

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by faygal, Sep 12, 2013.

1. faygal

faygal PetForums Newbie

Does anyone know what blood tests are done for elimination purposes to give a diagnosis of idiopathic epilepsy and approximate cost?

2. lullabydream

lullabydream PetForums VIP

Am not sure if this is any help. Just had blood tests for my dog. On receipt its classed as an extended blood screen. It was done in house, so it is cheaper than ones I have had, when blood is sent away. It covered blood counts, liver enzymes, and thyroid and maybe some other things. So probably not that complex. It cost £63. So the test may be irrelevant but thought it may help price wise. I think my vet's prices are reasonable for my area though. But prices do vary so much.

Can't find other blood test paper work at the moment, from previous times but I know some have been cheaper and some more expensive

3. faygal

faygal PetForums Newbie

Thanks Lullabydream

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice