Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

what dog? help

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by harmeetjohal, Feb 21, 2008.

1. harmeetjohal

harmeetjohal PetForums Senior

hope all is good, im new as you may have guessed, am looking to find the perfect dog, so will be asking for loads of help.
    really want the Alapha bulldog, so if any has one or known's anything that might help that would be great.
    I live in a large first floor apartment with no garden but am surrounded by parks, my other half works part time so the dog will have to be able to be left alone for about 4hours aday, and the Mrs has said she doesn't want a sissy looking dog (no offences, :eek: am just passing on the message).... so we have been looking at bulldogs and staff's but are open to any ideas....
    she like the alapha bulldog so something along them lines...
    we are hoping to have children in 3-4 years so a breed that like children would be perfect....
    HELP :confused:

2. harmeetjohal

have come across a dorset old tyme bulldogge. What's the difference between this and the alapaha bulldog apart from the ££'s

3. Nicci

Nicci Guest

All Bulldogs with the prefix such as Dorset, Victorian, Sussex and Old Tyme Bulldogs are recreated Bulldogs bred back to what the Bulldog once used to be (Or so all the fanciers say!:) ) You do have to be careful where and whom you purchase these dogs from and you really do have to know whom to trust in these circles.

The Alapaha Blue Blood Bulldog is the modern day equivalent to the old plantation dogs of the southeastern United States. This rare breed is a descendant of the original bulldogs that came to the U.S. in the 1700's. Primarily used as companion and guard dogs, however they are also used for cattle, hogs and for hunting...There is one breeder that I know of in the UK.

4. harmeetjohal

thanks, i will ask for more info as regards breeders closer the time... thanks tho

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice