Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

What does your...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by dancemagicdance, Oct 26, 2012.

1. dancemagicdance

dancemagicdance PetForums VIP

...bedroom look like?

We have finally decided to do up our bedroom, we stripped the walls when we moved in(almost a year ago...) and that was as far as we got. :eek: We're hoping to start tomorrow but I can't decide how to decorate it! At first I wanted all the walls deep purple, I decided that this was too much, so was going to have three walls cream and one purple. Then I thought that maybe I should find some nice wall paper instead of a purple wall, and now I am thinking that I should have all walls cream, and have a purple canvass on the wall, with purple curtains, rug and duvet cover, but I just can't decide and am going loopy with all the choices :crazy: Help! :confused:

And tell me what your bedroom looks like :p

2. Zayna

Zayna PetForums VIP

Our bedroom is purple, we have 1 deep purple wall and 2 lilac. the other wall is taken up by a mirrored wardrobe. It looks kinda cool but want to change it to something more neutral now. had it purple for 6 years!

3. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

Our master bedroom is heathery lilac tones. The wallpaper (it was up when I moved in and it perfect) is a mixture of lilac / pale blue / white tiny little splotches and we have a feature wall that is the colour of blackcurrant yoghurt. Lilac carpet, white paintwork and white fitted wardrobes.

This is our spare bedroom and I LURVE it - especially the wee step down into it.... :eek:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Staysee

Staysee PetForums VIP

My rooms not been decorated so its as it was when we moved in....horrible blue, with lotsa plaster from holes they made and a manky blue carpet which has been made clean enough to walk on.

I want it to be eventually a like....Vintage Princess type room....light pinks, creams and golds....but all in soft light vintagey colours.

5. gorgeous

gorgeous PetForums VIP

Laura Ashley have some lovely colours - they do a gorgeous pale Amethyst which we have just painted our bathroom with.

They also have co ordinating wallpaper - so you could have a feature wall with paper and the rest paint.

However your idea of cream walls and adding purple with accessories is a good idea cos if u get bored with purple you can then do a different colour!

I love picking out colours. schemes etc. i think in my next life i will be an interior designer\\\\\\\\\\1:D

6. Jackie99

Jackie99 PetForums VIP

Mines plum themed at the moment. One plum wall the others a creamy colour then plum vases etc. I am bored of it now after 3 years or so. I had deep red, gold and cream before and it was gorgeous.

7. Muze

Muze PetForums VIP

I'm in the middle of decorating and know how you feel, I'm just painting everything white or cream to start with, then maybe do some feature walls later on.

Personally, I need a really calm, peaceful bedroom, I like the idea of all white and cream but with a mud loving dog I can imagine it being a nightmare to keep clean :rolleyes:

Still thinking, googling, browsing magazines I've no intention of buying :blush: and loitering in B&Q :D

8. Mese

Mese PetForums VIP

Mines a mess ... hasnt been decorated in over 30 years , it still has the same wallpaper my Mum put up , small flowers on a cream background , only now its all dirt stained etc , I hate it ... but every time I think about decorating something else needs the money or the time putting into it and it gets put on the backburner again

ah well I usually only see it just before I go to bed and when I wake up :D

9. bobby7

bobby7 PetForums Senior

We've recently decorated our bedroom. We have a dark purple wallpaper with black and gold flowers on one wall. We painted the other 3 cream but it didnt look right so we opted for a lilac paint instead. We added purple and cream bedclothes (dunhelm mill) with dark purple curtains.

10. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

Walls and carpet are cream. Mirrored door built in wardrobes. Curtains are cream/duck egg blue William Morris print Sanderson Fabrics & Wallpaper, Harlequin Fabrics & Wallpaper, Made To Measure Curtains > Morris Wild Rose Fabric DMFPWR201 Pale pink and green shell type light shade.
    My youngest son is at uni but he did his bedroom when we first moved here 3 years ago - white walls, red curtains and a black Ikea wall unit and desk.
    The two spare bedrooms have cream walls and William Morris print curtains - you may have noticed I love Willliam Morris designs :thumbup:

11. Starlite

Starlite PetForums VIP

My whole house barring my sons room is black/white/silver with glass or crystal decorations, all th walls are white except the chimney breasts in both living rooms which have glitter wallpaper. I took this pick the other day of my sneaky toddler crashing in our bed

[​IMG]

12. foxiesummer

foxiesummer PetForums VIP

One wall light oak built in wardrobes. From the corner to the door an oak dressing table. Next a double bed with bedside cabinets. Next is the window with radiator below. Three walls white and feature wall pale yellow and peach coloured flowers. White bed cover and matching curtains. Steel table lamps with white shades and white ceiling shade. White stone floor. Can you tell I like white, lol. Use blankets in winter and duvet in summer.

13. CaliDog

CaliDog Greedy Mummy Bear!

My bedroom has a new york mural going the whole length of the wall with the rest of the walls white with various new york pictures of the iconic landmarks on the opposite wall with a black kingsize leather bed and a really long Black chest of draws with our TV player and all red accessories like curtains and bedding

thats the new york thing across our whole wall

[​IMG]

14. Golgotha_tramp

Golgotha_tramp PetForums Senior

My bedroom is two walls in a chocolate milkshake colour and two in a blue/lilac colour, I have ft high skirting boards and picture rails in matt white, Lyme washed floorboards a big white ikea lampshade that looks like a cloud, lightweight, white cotton curtains and a dark bed and drawer set with lots of blue, white and light brown throws.

It's so nice and tranquil, I really love it. But I also have my dressing room that we are doing in a bordello-esque style so I have the best of both worlds.

15. poohdog

poohdog PetForums VIP

Magnolia...the carpet is brown with a hint of border collie,and the back wall features the words
    SUE WHITE WOZ HERE!

16. katie200

katie200 PetForums VIP

Light pink Walls with light blue spounged half way gown and a flower freeze on the walls also every wall has pics of pets and a mirror on the far wall. Blue carpet black bed with pink cover and then all my stuff everywhere hehehe. :p

17. jon bda

jon bda Guest

At this point in time...a junk shop!!!
    :D

18. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

paint splattered floorboards, mismatched furniture and magnolia woodchip wallpaper (oh, and you daren't touch the walls coz you can hear the plaster underneath falling to the bottom!:eek:).
    One day I might win the lottery and decorate!:D

19. MrRustyRead

MrRustyRead PetForums VIP

mine is plain ha and now overtaken by a tortoise table and plant growing. i sleep in there and thats it, i hate being in my room ha apart from when im with willow :)

20. Gertrude

Gertrude PetForums VIP

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice