UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most dogs see you go to get the lead and their little ears prick up and they are ready and waiting by the door before you get there.
Or they know at a certain time they go for a walk, so when 7am arrives they are looking at you with that eager face and tilted head as if to say "well are you going to get your coat on?"

Sailor has the usual lead radar, but also... poo bag radar! If he sees you so much as look at he poo bags never mind pick them up his ears go up and he runs off to the front door ready and waiting!

What about yours, what are the less typical items/things that your Dog associates with walkies time?

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
With mine it is brushing my teeth... that is when Arrow starts running up and down the hall doing zoomies :rolleyes: and it is Jake's warning... he won't get up though until I turn the TV off... then he runs and sits patiently waiting on me, while Arrow jumps all over him :rolleyes: :D It is quite sweet actually...

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Walking in the front door from work!

On my days off Scooter assumes it's walk time if I put jeans on or start rummaging in the sock drawer.
Breeze is never excited about walks :eek: Seems to enjoy them once we're out but she doesn't exactly run to have her lead clipped on!

·
Follow me on @popuppetstop on insta
4,131 Posts
with cali we say to her "dooooo you wanna go WALKIES!" and then she gets super excited while we are getting her things ready like frisbee poo bags and treats if we are not quick enough she makes the oddest noises as if to say well yer hurry up then :p

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
As soon as Mylo here's my alarm go off in the morning you can hear him getting out of his bed and placing himself on the bottom stair (wooden floor and stairs) and he'll wait there til i've had my shower and got changed and then he gets all excited does zoomies around the front room :confused1:

and his other is when i get my wet jacket on or wellies out.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Rather basic but it's me going for a pee with my coat on! I know, but I'm not very organised!!Obviously gets disappointed sometimes.

·
Registered
6,320 Posts
As far as my boys are concerned it's when I wake up!!! Then it's when I get dressed, when I go to the loo, everytime I stand up, everytime I leave the living room etc :)

They get properly excited when I put shoes on, then fill my pockets with poo bags and treats, then get their collars and leads :p

You'd think they never got out sometimes!!!

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
opie gets giddy as soon as he sees me pick up my walking boots or wellies. he knows his lead won't go onto until he's sat down nicely so he sits waiting with his bum shaking excitedly until i'm ready :D

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
I think Rufus must be the only dog in the world that doesn't get excited when the lead comes out. Infact, he's quite the opposite.. he doesn't want to go :(

Don't get me wrong, he loves a nice run around in the woods and likes nothing more than chasing a squirrel up a tree... but, as soon as he see's the lead come out he's like "OMG.. are we going in the car? Please say we're not going in the car?.." Sometimes he runs off, and i've got to use the "wait" word and he has no choice but to stop and wait for me to put his lead on. You can always see the look on his face when you make him wait and he's like "dammit.. you got me!!" :eek: The trouble is, he HATES the car (although he is getting slowly slowly better) but he's always very ears down when you get him ready for a walk as there's a possibility that he might be going in the car. As soon as you walk passed the car and continue on the walk he's ok and starts to enjoy himself. Poor Boo :eek:

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Dibley gets excited if I so much as look at my boots. He does the tilted head, puppy dog eyes and impatient whine if I look at my boots and walk off without picking them up and putting them on :rolleyes: :laugh:

He loves his walkies, he has so much energy that I am usually really stressed until he has been walked and has burnt off some of his min pin energy! :laugh:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.