Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

what does your dog do that makes you laugh?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by lucysnewmum, May 26, 2010.

1. lucysnewmum

lucysnewmum PetForums Senior

i can think of lots of things that Lucy does.....
    a) she chases her own wind!
    b) she burps after every meal
    c) she barks in her sleep and does an impression of elvis!
    d) she barks at her own reflection!
    e) when someone throws a ball on tv and it goes off screen she goes behind
    the tv to find it!
    f) she opens the fridge when she is hot and puts her head on the bottom shelf to cool off!

my friend Tania (PleasantPupz) has a Dopie Doberman called Faith. She is really funny.
    a) Tania threw a treat for Faith on the field. She was supposed to go find it. Instead she caught sight of the early moon and sat waiting for it to fall out of the sky!
    b) Faith doesnt like getting her feet wet and refuses to walk through puddles (see photo)
    c) Faith tends to bark quite a bit so Tania tells her No barking - so Faith opens her mouth as if she is barking but no sound comes out!
    d) Faith wasnt fitted with brakes when she is running - she uses us humans to stop herself!
    e) Faith sounds like Chewbacca (i dunno how you spell it...i hated star wars!) when she is wrestling with Lucy!
    :thumbup:

oops! i forgot my wellies!!.jpg

westie~ma likes this.
  2. Mr Kipling

Mr Kipling PetForums Member

She lays on her tummy with her legs in the air and her mouth open ( looks like she's laughing ) and rolls from side to side, I can't resist tickling her tummy.

She takes her rope toy in her mouth and shakes it from side to side, her whole head moves violently from one side to the other and the toy is flying all over the place - I laugh my head off when she does this in the garden, neighbours must think I'm a loon.

She paddles on the beach at the edge of the tide and runs back to shore when a wave comes in, as if it's chasing her.

3. sailor

sailor PetForums VIP

I dropped a piping hot sausage out the oven once and it rolled across the floor towards Sailor.

He ran over to it and went to pick it up, but realised it was hot and just starding jumping up and down, batting it wiith his paws, and nipping at it, chucking it around lol

this went on for a good 5 minutes, before it was cool enough for him to start taking tiny bites from it inbetween playing with it

:lol:

Sailors crate is always left open, even when his home alone, I only ever shut him in it, if I come down stairs in the morning and he has had an accident, I shut him in the crate and clean up the mess.. or if I need him some where secure for 5 minutes, say if the man comes to rread the electric meter and doesnt want to be licked to death lol

I will say.. "sailor go to bed" and he runs into his cratee as fast as he can, looking really happy with himself, and as I shut the door and lock it, he licks my fingers through the bars :D wagging his tail in excitement.

Then I will walk away and either clean up his mess, or do what ever needs to be done, rarely lasts longer than 5 minutes.. and if you turn to look at him, he will be sat there, with one front paw up on the bars and his head hanging down really low, massive sad eyes as if he is the worst treated dog on the planet .. honestly, his looks could melt hearts, he can really do "self pity and pathetic" good :lol:

As soon as Im done, I walk over and he gets all excited, bouncing off the sides of his crate, trying to lick me to death through the bars ... I have to undo the bottom latch, hold it with my foot and then unlock the top latch, then I quickly open it, as he launches himself out of the crate and runs about frantically as if his just been released from serving a life sentence

When ever my son is near by, Sailor will sit and wait, just staring at my son and my son always says... why does he just stare at me... and I look over and sure enough , Sailor is sat ... staring .... and if my son looks at him, Sailor will start to twitch and wag his tail... still staring.... its really odd, but really quite funny.

I said his just waiting for a fuss off you... his saying... "your not going to fuss me are you ... are you... your not going to fuss me, I can tell.... your not going to fuss me are you .... " like a nagging child, hinting that it wants your last biscuit, with out actually asking for the biscuit lol

This makes my son laugh and then he goes over to fuss Sailor and Sailor really relishes in the fact the child who rarely fusses him, is actually fussing him, its like a mini lottery win for Sailor

Also, when Sailor has his favourite stick out in the back, he will run about, with his tail and head held high, his favourite stick in his jaws... and he will run up to me , as if he wants a fuss or something, but if I go near him, he darts off wagging his tail.... so I chase him .. and he thinks its great, becasue I cant catch him... if I get bored and walk off, he will follow me with this stick, but the moment i turn around to take the stick, he legs it again, tail wagging madly... Im sure if he could talk, he would be taunting me and laughing at how slow I am :lol: and no, I have no self restraint, and I have rugby tackled him a fair few times, and then ran off with his stick laughing my head off :lol:

4. Olly's Mum

Olly's Mum PetForums Member

Olly -

Looks offended at his own windy smells.
    Jumps on our bed and pretends to be asleep so we dont chuck him off.
    Runs as fast as he can in circles whilst making his body tiny!
    Burbs in your face.
    Paddles in his water bowl.

5. flufffluff39

flufffluff39 PetForums VIP

Everything :) They always cheer me up by being silly lol.

6. Starlite

Starlite PetForums VIP

She burps then wags her tail looking really proud of herself

She sleeps on her back with her back legs splayed wide open, she has no shame! :lol:

Generally just her being her mally self can always make me smile tbh x

7. lizzyboo

lizzyboo PetForums VIP

radley

nudges our legs with his nose when he wants you

chases his tail so fast he falls over

gets so excited when my daughters friend comes over cause he knows she will fuss him forever

barks at you to get your attention, but it is a funny 'im here' kind of bark (we never give it though till he has stopped)

he makes me so happy anyway it shard to tell you everything he does that make me laugh. i love my pogus x

8. keeleyjane19

keeleyjane19 Guest

Cleo - makes funny noises in her sleep, chases her tail, farts loudly!!

Molly- burps alot, runs really fast round in circles in the garden

Pixie - squeezes through baby gate bars, licks Cleos bum!!

9. davehyde

davehyde Banned

All of the above lol. And much more

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice