Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

What does a Petlog Registration Certificate look like?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Set_Nights, Mar 27, 2011.

1. Set_Nights

Set_Nights PetForums VIP

I'm trying to change ownership of my dog and am not sure what documents I need :confused:? I have a "Tracer Advance Petlog Registration Form"... is that what they mean?

2. babycham2002

babycham2002 PetForums VIP

I had this exact trouble as well when I bought my CC.
    Spoke to breeder and they dont ever remember getting one, neither do I for my goldie either matter of fact

When I rung petlog they said just make sure there is a covering letter, also if dog was KC registered you could include copy of transfer of ownership form.

Ps as you have the original reg form you could send that
    Ring them up they were very helpful to me :)

3. Set_Nights

Set_Nights PetForums VIP

Thanks :). She is not KC registered unfortunately. I did phone for advice but I'm not really sure if the form I have is the original one or the one needed :confused:.

4. babycham2002

babycham2002 PetForums VIP

Thats ok
    If you have a duplicate blue or yellow one then thats the original form that was filled out
    Just looked through my file, the certificate is a printed thing on headed paper with printed name breed and microhip number colour etc on
    I think you have the form, send them that with a covering letter. Keep copies for yourself though
    Good luck

5. Malmum

Malmum PetForums VIP

I had to send a covering letter when I took one of my pups back last year and pay a £6 fee to transfer him to a new owner. They contacted the previous owner, as he didn't get back to me and told me if they had no response from him after 28 days they would enter the new owners details on his microchip record.
    The previous owner did not reply to them, so they sent a new chip registration to the people I re homed him to after the 28 day period. If you have the microchip number that's all you'll need as I didn't have any form at all but had made a note of all the pups chip registration numbers! ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice