Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

What do your doggies have for breakfast?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by SteveyP, Jul 12, 2009.

1. SteveyP

SteveyP PetForums Member

Just out of curiosity. Mine have dried food and then more dried food in the evening but I think they should be having something else for breakfast, for variety.

2. Spudlover

Spudlover PetForums Member

I feed them dry food as well, but often give them eggs, cucumber, carrots, meat, apples. I don't know whether they get bored with having the same thing every day, they never refused a meal!

3. Spudlover

Spudlover PetForums Member

By the way Buddy's previous owner used to give him tea! Do you think it's ok to give a dog anything other than water to drink?
    I obviously know that sugary things are a no-no.

4. Patterdale_lover

Patterdale_lover PetForums VIP

Dogs get dry food science plan in morning and science plan with tripe in the evning, the tow house dogs get bits of scraps during the day :p

5. Patterdale_lover

Patterdale_lover PetForums VIP

:eek: i shouldn't think that is healthy! :eek:ut:

6. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

Henrick has dried food but if I feel he needs a treat he has a nice meaty bone, chicken wings or some ribs (raw obviously). If he is a bit picky with his dried food I will often put a little bit of salmon oil on it and that always does the trick.

7. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Mine get dry food in the morning and dry with a little meat in the evening.
    I don't like to give dogs different food incase it upsets their tummy or makes them fussy.

They get planty of varietly with treats though. Faveourite at the moment being pigs ears or dentastix.

x

8. Matrix/Logan

Matrix/Logan PetForums VIP

I give mine dry food in the morning, Matrix has the boys leftover breakfast mixed in with his sometimes it can be eggs, bacon, bread crusts or pancakes, toast crusts or ceumpets!!
    I have never given Logan leftovers as i am afraid they may upset his tummy as he is so young and has had a lot of trouble with his tummy in his short life!!

Then they have dry food at night and again Matrix has any leftovers after his dinner!

9. Blitz

Blitz PetForums VIP

My older dog has dry food twice a day. Candy, fussy thing, has dry food with some meat and sometimes needs gravy or a squirt of olive oil to get her started. They both get any scraps going mixed into their feed. No difference between breakfast or tea.

10. basi

basi PetForums Senior

Mine get dried in the morning then dry again in the evening with some pureed veg mixed in with it.

11. westie~ma

westie~ma ~ In my shed ~
    Staff Member

Monty had toast this morning :) I don't feed him dog food. Normally he would have either meat or fish with vegetables and boiled rice.

12. SteveyP

SteveyP PetForums Member

Thanks for the replies, I may start putting gravy on the night one just to make it a little different. At other times they have bones and biscuits, leftover meat veg and gravy from our dinner on a Sunday, toast at the weekend etc. Oh and pigs ears when I've groomed the tibetan once a week. My mom used to give her dogs tea but I just give them water.

13. Classyellie

Classyellie PetForums VIP

Harvey has dry food morning & night
    Pippa has dried food 4 x a day

Both also have treats such as carrots and apples and in Pippa's case also cheese - for training!

14. kelly

kelly PetForums Member

my boys just have dried in the morning and evening.

we don't believe in giving them leftovers as we don't want them to fuss round us when we're eating.

they also have a dentastick when they are left while we're at work.

15. Yourgifts Ourgifts

Yourgifts Ourgifts PetForums VIP

Sky Has Toast In The Morning But His Dry Food Is There If He Wants It But Never Usually Bothers With It Till Later On..:d

16. brackensmom

brackensmom PetForums VIP

Bracken has wet food (nature diet) with bit of dry food for both morning and eveing meals.

17. Deerhounder

Deerhounder PetForums Senior

My dogs usually have raw chicken wings for breakfast. Sometimes they have brisket bones as well or instead. Only a small one for the Puggy who is a Miss Piggy and has to be shut in the front yard while the Sheltie and Whippet eat theirs out the back.

18. davehyde

davehyde Banned

mine has his kibble around 9.30 - 10.00 ish.
    before that he will have the crust of some toast as he hears the toaster pop and in the kitchen like a shot.

i also give him fish oil on his kibble in the mornings.

he gets treats for traing and recall re inforcement

dinner is more kibble and often he gets chicken & rice which he loves.

but i have been told that dogs dont have the same taste buds as us and we erroneously think they get bored with the same food lol.
    apparently to a dog food is food. tell that to my fussy little bugga.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice