Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

What do you think...

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Cassies-mum, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Cassies-mum

Cassies-mum PetForums VIP

my friends grandmother has just hired a "dog trainer"

the woman has done no dog behaviour courses or anything, she just used to be an RSPCA volunteer, they asked her about their dog who's just had pups and why she is urinating on the floor while the back door is always open, the woman said she has lost some bladder control but it will be ok as soon as the pups go (i dont beleive that)

the woman charges $20 (pound sign doesnt work) an hour and hasnt made much progress to be honest...

is she just trying to get money from the woman or what??

2. SEVEN_PETS

SEVEN_PETS PetForums VIP

I wouldn't hire a dog trainer that didn't have some qualification or wasn't part of an association for dog trainers etc. Looks like she's trying to get money from the woman.

3. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

The owner of my local pethop has started doing this.

I wouldnt trust anyone who doesnt have even basic training in animal behaviour.

Ive lived and worked with dogs for over 15 years, but would never contemplate doing such a thing. I just dont think the avergae dog owner can give such advice. We can give opinions in the training sections, or talkes of what we went through and what we did. But to imply ones a professional, and charge a fee is a whole different ball game.

4. davehyde

davehyde Banned

just p.m. me folks, i will do online behaviour assessment and training.

40.00 per session for 10 e mails.

but you gotta give me time to go online and search for the answers you want and i'll just paste and copy them for you.

easyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy munnyyyyyyyyy

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice