Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

What do you think

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by thedogsmother, Apr 19, 2011.

1. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

Someone told me the other day that they are "sure" Bella isnt full gsd, well Im not an expert on what a "proper" gsd should look like, evidenced by my personal choice of white long coats;). This is the same person who was telling me a few weeks ago that I should show her, so I told her I didnt have her papers and explained how we got her, now just a few weeks later shes telling me (and anyone else who will listen that shes "no way a full gsd". Shes nearly 11 months old and not far off Henrick in height to give you an idea of size, so what do you think, gsd or not? Of course if she isnt full gsd I will have to give her away immediately or have her made into a rug ;).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

I know nothing about dog breeds - but she looks full GSD to me :)
    Shame as she'd make a lovely warm rug :D

3. Rolosmum

Rolosmum PetForums VIP

See i see a poodle (miniature), so i am afraid a rug it is!

4. thedogsmother

So the only question remaining is do I leave the head on like a tiger skin rug or go for the more subtle look.

5. Rolosmum

Rolosmum PetForums VIP

oooh, the head will make a cute 'non gsd pillow'! And i can twizzle the poodle fur!

6. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

head on - more dramatic :D

7. Terrier Fan

Terrier Fan PetForums VIP

She looks like a GSD to me :)

She's not got a shaggy enough coat to make a decent rug but Henrick on the other hand would make a lovely rug :D

8. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

I think what you have got there is a 100%, pedigree, purebred..................... Cat :eek:

9. LexiLou2

LexiLou2 PetForums VIP

So would that be a German Shepardypoo? Or a germandoodle? a german shappoo? lol!

10. thedogsmother

Ahh, hmm I see your point, he would feel lovely to wriggle your toes into, I will ask him how he feels about being a rug.

11. newfiesmum

newfiesmum Banned

You do know some odd people, don't you? She is a good enough example to show, then she is a crossbreed. Make up your mind, woman! Of course she is a gsd, they don't all look identical any more than any other breed. I have seen retrievers who look more like mongrels, but who am I to judge? I have seen newfies who resemble overgrown flat coats. Don't you even think about a rug:001_tt1:

12. thedogsmother

Ooooh so thats poodle x gsd x moggy?

The correct term is obviously a crazydoodle (well you would agree if you met her)

13. we love bsh's

we love bsh's PetForums VIP

I have had gsd's for years now they are my num 1 fav breed,thats a gsd for deff! love ur white 1 she reminds me of the white 1 i ad she was called sasha.

14. thedogsmother

I think Im a loony magnet, they say opposites attract but Im living proof that isnt true :D. You would need a huge room for a newfie rug;).

15. Terrier Fan

Terrier Fan PetForums VIP

If he agrees he can come here as i have 4 little dogs that would to snuggle up on him :D

16. thedogsmother

It wouldnt really matter, I just kept looking at her today and there arent really any short coats nearby to compare her with but she looks like all the pics Ive seen of them, awww my first dog as a child was called Sasha too.

17. petzplazaUK

petzplazaUK PetForums Senior

she looks full GSD to me too , ive only ever had GSD's lol, was told i could show one of mine(sadie my angel RIP) before too but never did .
    the lighter colouring doesnt show up until later when theyre going into adulthood, they generally are quite black when young.you can see lighter colouring appearing on her hind legs and she will start getting the saddle outline of the sable as she gets bigger

my ex told me sadie wasnt full pedigree either because she was quite black and he was going by colouring inside her mouth, i have no idea how true this way is and he was a proper idiot in every respect thick as s**t(i caught him putting conditioner on his own hair and then shampoo because he thought that was the right way to do it!) but summat to do with the inside(roof) of the mouth being black as to pedigree or not- anyway she proved him wrong as she got older much to my delight
    sadie was almost a spitting image of bella and grew into this lovely girl (taken when she was an old girl)so think u can safely say yes she is.

[​IMG]

and this was cass as a pup
    [​IMG]

18. thedogsmother

I will be very pleased if she grows into such a beautiful girl. Now Im desperate for her to wake up so I can look inside her mouth though :eek:.

19. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

No no you are all wrong she is definitely not full GSD, she will have to come and stay with me :D :D :lol:

Seriously though she is no doubt a full gsd :) and she is gorgous :)

20. thedogsmother

Why, do you need a rug? :lol:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice