Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

What do you think of...

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by ~Tete, Jul 3, 2009.

1. ~Tete

~Tete PetForums Member

the dual leads?
    We're keeping one of my cassies litter so I was wondering if its better to go with 2 regular leads or a dual lead??? any thoughts?

2. BigBearsRule

BigBearsRule PetForums Senior

I have treid using a dual lead on my newfi girls, it was a nightmare. they seem to be more disobedient than normal, saying that they arent 6 months yet. Ive found individual leads work better, for correction purposes. Which I would imagine you will need to do with the pup. but this is just my humble opinion for what its worth.

3. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

They are a pain in the butt! Lol.
    I have a couple to attach onto the end of my normal lead but the problem is you can't control both dogs with it properly.
    I stick to a seperate lead for each dog.

If I am dog sitting I will occasionally use the couple for Dave and his sister but end up getting dragged up the street! Lol

x

4. ~Tete

~Tete PetForums Member

Ahh so im sticking with normal leads then ;) thanks lol
    Also...
    I'm going to make a doggy toy box and was wondering wether to put a lid on it?? I imagine a hinged lid would be unsafe but what about a normal drop on lid? (i ask because id rather close it at night, too many squeaky toys!!)

5. animallover111

Tried the dual lead nearly pulled me over so i prefer one dog one lead so at the mo...........five dogs five leads!!!!!!!
    We have a toy box for the dogs just a big plastic storage box we dont have a lid dog chewed it!!!!! though to be honest i love been woken about 5am with the dogs playing with toys :rolleyes: :D

6. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

I keep my dog toys in a drawer in the chest of drawers next to the back door. They get 3 toys out a day and I swap them over every couple of days.
    If my oh leaves the drawer open Dixie helps herself :D

x

7. reddogs

reddogs PetForums Senior

Use a coupler on two of the older dogs - saves the knitting that they get up to otherwise, but always use separate leads for the younger ones for correcting them.

Indoor toys are in a cat litter tray in the kitchen which is gradually losing its corners to the puppies as they teeth (not the litter but the other ones we have had over the years). Haven't done the only one toy at a time thing, they actually chose a toy that is a favourite for a few days and then another one will come in to favour - usually the remains of a toy that they destroyed a few months back :D

8. aurora

aurora PetForums Senior

individual lead is the best way to go. the only time i use a brace lead is when i'm showing them as a brace:)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice