Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

What do you think of this advert?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by lucyandsandy, Apr 25, 2011.

1. lucyandsandy

lucyandsandy PetForums VIP

DescriptionI have an adorable little yorkie available for stud. He is about a year old.
    His parents had papers with full pedigree but apparently he wasn't able to get papers as he was the 'runt' of the litter. I'm not sure how true this is as I rescued him at about 12 weeks old.

He is affectionate and a proper little character. If his offspring are anything like him you will be very lucky parents. I don't want money for stud fees but would like pick of the litter, nothing more. I'm in East Sussex but unfortunately do not have transport. He is ready to breed, the sooner the better. He looks proper scruffy in his pic (sorry) but it was the best I could get at the time.

I don't know much about breeding, does the male need to be over 2 as well preferably? Does this advert sound odd too you?

2. McKenzie

McKenzie PetForums VIP

I don't know anything about dog breeding either but I think a year is too young and the 'sooner the better' comment is a little weird :confused: As well as the thing about his papers :confused:

3. Argent

Argent PetForums VIP

Sounds like they know nothing about breeding or stud dogs and just want a new puppy really, maybe a 'clone' of their own dog or something :rolleyes:

4. candysmum

candysmum PetForums VIP

He can be registered even if he is the runt of the litter Sounds well dodgy!

As long as parents are registered then ALL pups can be registered runts or not!

5. Devil-Dogz

Devil-Dogz PetForums VIP

Disgusting - doesnt get much worse. Pup isnt registered because its the runt of the litter? Thats a lie, more like one or both parents were not registered themselves, or endorsed against breeding.
    She has 'rescued' the dog, so has not idea (clearly!) about where this dog has come from.
    Its not against any rules to breed a dog at a year old, but alot of breeders would ideally leave it a wee bit longer - shes seems in a rush to breed though - 'sooner, rather than later'!! WHY?

This is a BRILLIANT example of stud adverts to avoid ... Mind you most decent breeders dont need to approach others, or advertise studs as anyone interested will contact them their selves.

6. ridgeback05

ridgeback05 PetForums Senior

does not matter if pup is pick of litter or runt of litter the breeder will still get paperwork from kc if they reg pups...sounds more like the breeder of the pup now being pimped out for stud did not want to pay to reg her pups..

7. lucyandsandy

lucyandsandy PetForums VIP

I thought it didn't sound right, it has been updated loads of times so they obviously haven't had any takers yet!

8. rona

rona Guest

I hope they never do :(:(

9. Argent

Argent PetForums VIP

Perhaps sooner rather than later because they think mating him will 'calm him down too?'

10. Devil-Dogz

Devil-Dogz PetForums VIP

If they think that, then their even more foolish than the advert comes across :(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice