Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

What do you think of these emails Ive had

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by nurseberyl, Aug 13, 2009.

1. nurseberyl

nurseberyl PetForums Member

I posted a wanted ad on gumtree as Im looking for a kitten playmate for Mario. Gumtree seems to attract weirdos, anyway I got this:

thanks for the interest in my Cute kittens we have for adoption.The kittens are 11weeks old and are available only for loving and caring homes only.I have 1 male and female.where are you located located? How soon do you need the kittens ? my kittens are very healthy and will come with all health papers and a health guarantee of 1yr..are full pedigree and also KC register.they are well socialized as they have raised around other house hold pets and children.my kittens are well trained. they will come with all playing toys and a package(Natural Balance Potato & Duck kitten Food Wellness Super5Mix Chicken Dry kitten Food and Wellness Whitefish & Sweet Potato Canned kitten Food) with which you will startthe feeding with before you buy food for the kittens(s)... regards

So I said I only wanted one and wouldnt want to split the two he/she had up. And I get this back:

hi,hope you are still interested in my puppiesfor i just got a call saying my mother is deadso i would be traveling out of the country in a day or 2.and such a situation does not permit me to travel with them neitherdo i have some one to watch after them.so you are the only 1 i put my trust on and i know you are going totake good care of themi just beg of you to cooperate with me if so i would be very greatfull ,for you i know have helped me out of a sad and painfulsituation.that's why am giving both outregards

What do you make of that? are they for real? if so talk about a guilt trip... they sent me a picture and they are not pedigrees, and what KC registered mean? :huh::huh: and in the 2nd email he/she calls them puppies :huh::eek:hmy:

2. ChinaBlue

ChinaBlue PetForums VIP

Personally I would steer well clear!

3. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Scam.

I bet they would say you have to pay £200 for delivery and that you couldnt collect them.

Report them if you can.

4. Mese

Mese PetForums VIP

so obviously a scam

5. GSDlover4ever

GSDlover4ever PetForums VIP

6. MerlinsMum

MerlinsMum PetForums VIP

Definitely a scam. Out of curiosity I answered a similar ad last year because the photo showed an F1 bengal, allegedly for sale for £200! I'm sure I got a "puppy" answer too.

7. nurseberyl

how weird they cant even write properly.

8. nurseberyl

9. kiara

kiara PetForums VIP

i had this happen to me, its a phishing scam and i would report them. beware of people writing all in capitals, bad english and guilt trips. there phone number would most definatly be an 0705 or something similar which cost an arm and a leg to call, they will also offer to ship the cat to you for about £100 and will ask you to transfer your money using western union as there not in this country. play them at there own game and waste there time like they have yours. xx

10. nurseberyl

I have never heard of this, i cant believe people will think of anything to get cash! Ive replied and am being nice and said Ill come and collect them. I just hope they dont send me a virus!

11. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

Kennel Club reg is for dogs... Such a pile of crap!! I wouldnt put a wanted ad up!

12. HighPr00

HighPr00 Banned

Obviously a scam.

Wasting their time by replying isn't always a good idea as it alerts them that your email is active and you'll get added to more spamming and scamming lists, so I heard anyway.

13. Cat_Crazy

Cat_Crazy PetForums VIP

This is definately a scam, steer well clear!

They try and rush you into making a decission i.e the mother's death and then say you cannot collect so have to transfer money for delivery.

You are then left out of pocket and with no kitten.

They do not even have the animals they claim to sell it's all just a big scam.

14. Baby Bordie

Baby Bordie PetForums VIP

Sounds very much like a scam!

15. Elmstar

Elmstar PetForums VIP

You could always pay the delivery charge with the money you won on the Nigerian lottery :D

16. ChinaBlue

ChinaBlue PetForums VIP

ROTFL:D:D:D Great one!

17. nurseberyl

He told me he lives in america so can I pay for delivery. Who in their right mind would pay someone to ship a cat from america to england just like that. I told him Ill collect, I just need his zip code for my private jet sat nav...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice