Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

What do you take with you on a walk?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by ToddyxxMillie, May 18, 2010.

1. ToddyxxMillie

ToddyxxMillie PetForums Member

Just out of intrest really. I mostly walk my two alone and i dont know about anyone else but i seem to take loads of things with me-
    Ive decided im going to get a bumbag so i can put everything in-

What i take-
    Poo bags

Treats

leads

Ball and thrower

Alarm-Does anyone else take a alarm with them? It makes me feel safer as you never know and im a female and only 21. so you gota be careful

Phone-Incase i get lost or something happens to the dogs

2. xshelly_stanliex

xshelly_stanliex PetForums VIP

Dogs, poo bags, treats, rope with ball on the end throw toy, i always go with my boyfriend and having 3 staffys dont think many people will try much even though they would just lick them too death lol and i feel safe with my oh. xx

3. GoldenShadow

GoldenShadow PetForums VIP

It varies.

Sometimes just a slip lead and keys(poo bags are in pretty much every trouser pocket or up my sleeves :blushing:).

Other times gundog bag complete with dummies, whistle, treats, lunge line, harness, quick dry towel, camera, mobile etc.

I don't take an alarm because literally no bugger would hear it or care anywhere around me. The local petrol garage got robbed three times, once in October and twice in about March I think it was this year. The alarm went off every single time and not one bugger in the whole village went to see what it was :rolleyes: (about 10pm at night both times so not even that late).

I should always take a phone; always did when out with the horses and I've got better at it with Rupert now but I still forget sometimes.

Going to get a better gundog bag though as the one I've got is pants. I'm about 5'9 and every time its come out with me so far the strap has loosened itself so that the bag bashes me in the back of the knee and its really annoying :lol:

4. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

I take poo bags, spare leads, treats, flexi-lead(for Heidi when we get off road!:)), mini first aid kit(just gauze, scissors, bandage, sterile water and tweezers), spare poo bags.....emergency spare poo bags!:lol:
    Just had to change to a bigger bag though as the warmer weather means water and bowl too!:rolleyes:

5. michaelasi

michaelasi PetForums VIP

I love the first bit lol , I wonder how would it be to go to a doggy walk but with out the dog lol
    sorry I could not resist

well we get millions of poo bags (as my lot s hits for england honestly ) chain lead just in case flexy leads and water (as my lot gets very hot and thirsty -I need one of that water bottles for dogs from £ shop) , treats when I remember lol and the dogs , also me :D

#5 michaelasi, May 18, 2010
    Last edited: May 18, 2010
  6. SEVEN_PETS

SEVEN_PETS PetForums VIP

I take:

poo bags

treats

water bottle with bowl attached

long line

short lead

harness

phone

7. Sarahnorris

Sarahnorris Banned

i take phone, keys, dogs with slip leads and poop bags! thats it really.

8. keeleyjane19

keeleyjane19 Guest

I take:

A Greyhound

A JR

A Chihuahua Cross

And any clients dogs that are in my care which can range from a Chihuahua to a Great Dane!!!

Phone

Whistle

Poo bags

Dog Toy

Spare lead round my neck (just in case one breaks and I need it...which has happened!!)

Treats

My baby boy in a front holding carrier!!!

An Alarm is a fantastic idea!!! But I carry a whistle so hopefully I can blow it loud enough!!

9. Mum2Alfie

Mum2Alfie PetForums VIP

poo bags

treats

leads

dogs Lol

ball and thrower

phone

keys

school book bag

lunch box

.......I take the dogs when I take my son to school and ALWAYS end up carrying them too!!

10. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Last time I used my spare lead it was to take an adventurous Westie (ironically named Gypsy!) home who had taken herself for a walk.:D

11. Sleeping_Lion

Sleeping_Lion Banned

Whistle, leads, tennis balls, dogs, house keys......

12. Blitz

Blitz PetForums VIP

It sounds like some of you are setting out on a weekend expedition not taking the dog for a daily walk!
    I just take my dog and usually a lead. My phone is always in my pocket anyway.

13. JjPhoenix

JjPhoenix PetForums Member

all i take is dog + lead, treats and poohbags :D

14. Colliepoodle

Colliepoodle PetForums VIP

Poo bags, treats, ball and thrower, tuggie, phone.

15. sid&kira

sid&kira PetForums VIP

Hmm depends where we're going and who we're taking.

Just Kira on a walk around the streets/park over the road:
    lead, poo bags, fone and i-pod are on me anyway, keys

Just Kira to the dog park:
    lead, poo bags, 2 2ltr bottles of water (now its hot lol), treats, fone & ipod, tobacco, lighter, hand sanatiser (lil travel bottle) and some food for me or my purse, keys

Kira and MIL's and SIL's dogs (4 in total) to the dog park:
    leads, lots of poo bags lol, 6-8 litres of water, treats, fone, baccy & lighter, hand sanatiser, food or purse, balls (3, need some spares lol), keys

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice